Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Why me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: Why me!

thanks, gp. you are one swell guy.[&o]
Old 07-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Update: Nothing worked. I tried everything I could.

Car is for sale on a forum and locally. Dad told me to get rid of it and get a fuel saver. I am probably going into something that will take 18-20sec's to hit 100mph. Looking into Scion Xa, Toyota Echo, Toyota Camry, Chevy cobalt, and honda civic. At least I won't hit the gas pumps as much and insurance will be a lot cheaper[&o].
Old 07-12-2008, 08:54 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

say again, how old are you? just curious
Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trmachuno

Update: Nothing worked. I tried everything I could.

Car is for sale on a forum and locally. Dad told me to get rid of it and get a fuel saver. I am probably going into something that will take 18-20sec's to hit 100mph. Looking into Scion Xa, Toyota Echo, Toyota Camry, Chevy cobalt, and honda civic. At least I won't hit the gas pumps as much and insurance will be a lot cheaper[&o].
Man sorry to hear that, but maybe you can get a chevy cobalt ss for about $15k or a used civic si for close to $20k.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: groundpounder

say again, how old are you? just curious

And the car is not exactly 100% my choice. It has to be slow (aka ford taurus, mercury grand marquis slow) so I thought why not get a fuel economy car than. My dad's house, my dad's rules. It sucks but I guess I understand and am still young and have time to get nice cars in the future when I have a real job that can net me $40k+ a year.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:27 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

19 - wow!

so much to learn (including me). This is a good lesson!

good luck and keep us posted on what you end up with.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:22 PM
FELEN
1st Gear Member

damn when i was 18 i got my sti.....and then some stupid female hit me and totaled......

my parents kept saying i was racing and or at least going fast...but point to this is i only make 35k a year and i was able to pay for the sti....right now im able to pay for the mach, gas, rent, insurance, cell phone....etc......

just keep the mach
Old 07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
draxxuspainter32
1st Gear Member

you have to wash and dry your own clothes. Im sorry, but i find that funny. Out of all the crap this kid is facing, he is worried about washing and drying his clothes.
Anyway, sorry for the loss man. Get aSHO taurus. maybe your dad wont kno lol. My uncle has one and they can hold their own. Or how about a jeep or somthing? You can always lift it and take it off road.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: draxxuspainter32

you have to wash and dry your own clothes. Im sorry, but i find that funny. Out of all the crap this kid is facing, he is worried about washing and drying his clothes.
Anyway, sorry for the loss man. Get aSHO taurus. maybe your dad wont kno lol. My uncle has one and they can hold their own. Or how about a jeep or somthing? You can always lift it and take it off road.
Clothes thing was just an example of one thing I would have to do living on my own, sorry it sounded funny.

SHO won't work because of insurance. Jeep's I'm not a huge fan of, I like low riding cars like sports cars.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:48 AM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

Just try not to lose the lesson