Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

MIGHT BUY A MACH BUT HAVE ???S

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: MIGHT BUY A MACH BUT HAVE ???S

the most i know of N/A is like 451rwhp, but thats a 30k investment in engine parts.

just save for the cobra man, and a lot of the mach guys/ gt guys will trade you straight up for your IRS
Old 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM
WIKD

It probably comes down to what you want out of the car. When I bought my Mach I could have just as easily bought a Cobra, and almost did. But in the end I wanted something a little different. The interior and shaker sold me on the Mach 1. Soon I will probably increase the HP with a turbo kit but thats probably 6 mos down the road. Again just to have something a little different.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:46 PM
MUSTANGO2GT
1st Gear Member

im just affraid that theMACH 1 will be too much like my GT. will it be anyting like my GT? i know i need to drive one.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:10 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

if you didn't live so damn far i'd let you drive mine....it is nothing like the fall flat on your face after 100 GT. i pull all the way to fuel cut off at 151.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
MUSTANGO2GT
1st Gear Member

i wish i knew some guys in san diego area that had a MACH 1. everyone in my crew all drive GT'S and 198 cobra. also that is one reason why i love the MACH 1 and the COBRA is b/c they are a rear sight to see. my GT you can see every where.

if i was to buy 4:30's for a MACH would i not see first gear or are the gear ratios longer in the MACH then the GT? (my GT has no first gear with 3:90's)

are S197 real hard to beat with the 4v or do you guys still have the advantage?

thanks jared
Old 07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

S197's are 3v

im pretty sure there is someone here from san diego with one, or someone close...i know when i was out there in Carlsbad i saw 3 of them. the transmission in the mach is the T3650, same as 01+ GT. the 4.30's will burn through 1st pretty quick, but thats ok b/c we start pulling at like hell at the end of 2 all of 3 all of 4 and drop off in 5th
Old 07-31-2008, 04:04 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

the Mach has the advantage over the S197's. They make more rwhp and are lighter. The S197 can still keep up with a good driver though.

The Mach will be nothing like your GT. Think of it as an N/A Cobra. The interior is different, styling and the motor.

If you want to make gobs of power then go for the Termi. It is fun to have the vintage styled Mach though. If you really wanted to could forge your bottom end and throw a blower on it and make a lot of power. A local guy around here has a custom shaker/intake mod with a procharger pushing 15lbs. He is making 480rwhp at redline and it still making like 400 at 5k rpms.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:57 PM
MUSTANGO2GT
1st Gear Member

right now im trying to find out all the info that i can about the COBRA AND THE MACH 1. thank you guys for all your help and im sure you have heard all these questions before. im new to the 4v and im just trying to find out as much info as i can about them. if you guys think their is anything that i should know about this car please let me know.

USMCREBEL i know that the s197 are 3v lol, i guess it was how i worded it made it sound like i was saying they are 4v. i just wanted to know how well the 4v stands up against the 3v.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:15 PM
1HottMach
1st Gear Member

I Love my Mach and the fact that they are rare to see compared to the GT and the Cobra in my area.. Prolly 1 to 5 Cobra's and 1 to 15 GT's... I have to say the Termi's are nice though
Old 08-04-2008, 08:43 AM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

even though i just bought my mach 1, i love it so much, its like my baby. I was in a similar situation, i wanted a termi buti couldnt afford it. Theni found a mach 1 and test drove it. It made me forget all about the termi and that day i just went to the guy and asked how much u want for it

Quick Reply: MIGHT BUY A MACH BUT HAVE ???S