Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

supercharger ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Default supercharger ?

sorry if this has been asked 50,000 times but i still cant use the search feature (i guess it is still not working?) But anyway, is it pretty complicated to put the cobra eaton on a mach or is it more of a pain than it is worth? I see a total package with the fuel upgrades going for less than 1k and it just seems like it would be a nice add-on. Thanks guys.

As I said sorry if this has been asked a lot I am new to the mach 1 community, as I am currently in pursuit of buying one and selling my gt.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:44 PM
03MachMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger ?

if it is the FULL kit for under 1k i would jump on that if you dont send me the link i would really really like to look at that. but its about 60 or so parts and takes some time but for the most part is simple. just like adding any other SC i would say just have to change the location of the alternator. i have seen kits go for 2500 but that was including everything you would need if this is EVERYTHING i would say its worth it like i said if you dont let me know i will def look into it
Old 07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
NotStok
3rd Gear Member

The eaton swap is something that's been discussed in detail on Mach 1 Registry. If you can find all the parts used, it's a great idea. Especially if you plan on forging and upgrading. Doing the swap allows you to switch to a Whipple, which is enticing. The list of required parts is pretty extensive though. A buddy of mine totalled it all up pricing brand new parts, and with his dealer discount, it came out to around 7 grand.

I doubt the kit is 100% complete for under $1k. The cheapest i've heard of it getting done is $2k not including tuning. Post a link or something though if you have one.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:48 AM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Sorry guys I should have clarified what I meant. It is the full take off from the cobra, I was basically wondering how much cost was involved in fitting it up to the mach motor (keeping the shaker kit and all). but the s/c, heat exchanger, fuel injectors, mass air, pulley, and maybe the fuel pump were all included in the used one i looked at. The unit had 11,000 miles on it before removal for an upgrade.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i dont know that you can keep the shaker with the eaton. lemme look into it, but i know you can get a used 2.1l KB complete kit for around 3k give or take, and that one does allow you to keep the shaker.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 AM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

thanks for looking into it, I'll do some research myself. It just seems like it should be able to be done, even if I have to make some modifications to the brackets myself.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i dont think it's the brackets, i think it would be the height of the supercharger....but if you can fab you should be able to do it.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
03MachMe
2nd Gear Member

it is possible to keep the shaker with the eaton i have seen it done plenty of times. and the stuff off the cobra was he going turbo or just upgrading to a diffrent blower if he went turbo there could be alot of parts needed for the swap that he has
Old 07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
tws1098
4th Gear Member

im pretty sure he is going kb of some size.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tws1098

Sorry guys I should have clarified what I meant. It is the full take off from the cobra, I was basically wondering how much cost was involved in fitting it up to the mach motor (keeping the shaker kit and all). but the s/c, heat exchanger, fuel injectors, mass air, pulley, and maybe the fuel pump were all included in the used one i looked at. The unit had 11,000 miles on it before removal for an upgrade.
thats not even close to all the stuff you need.

Quick Reply: supercharger ?