Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Mach 1 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Question Mach 1 Questions

Hey guys, i just have some questions about the mach 1. I don't have one, i drive a stage 3 roush, but my younger brother has just purchased a 2003 black mach 1 and i have some mod questions as i don't know a whole lot about the car.
Here they are:
1) are the rods in a mach the same as a gt? good for about 450 hp/tq?

2) what is the most common s/c ran on a mach? I have been searching and see that all are running the centri unit. I assume this is so you can keep the shaker system?

3) On average, what are the mach guys makine to the wheels with a s/c and n/a?

4) Is the rear end on a mach an IRS or is it regular like the GT?

5)I have noticed that alot of places don't offer mach 1 parts. they are either cobra or gt. now i know the mach has the 4v engine, but is the rest of the car a gt? or does he order all cobra parts?

6) what gears are the mach guys running? His car revs higher than mine, so can he run 4.10 with no prob? he doesn't see the strip very offten so his driving consists of highway(not much) and city.

I think that is all i wanted to ask you guys, can't think of anymore questions as of now.
Greatly appreciat your input!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

1. the rods are the same.. if it is manual it does have a forged crank.. auto is all the same internals
2.Dont know much about superchargers
3. i know the machs are underated fromf actory.. mayeb some one else can help you with this number.
4. the rear does not have IRS, it is the usual solid rear axle
5. as far as parts... it depends cause the mach is kinda it own thing and borrows form all over.. suspension would be gt.. exhaust would be cobra headers... the mid pipe and cat back gt........ intake and supercharger componets are all to its own..
6. i have stock gears which i believe is 3.55's??? alot of mach drivers i have read about LOVE 4.10's
Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

It is a five speed.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

nice well i think i know stock they say 310 hp... but with 15 percent loss your looking at like 265 at the wheels and i could be wroing but i think ive seen 280-290 stock at the wheels from soem of the members here
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Thats not bad!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
guitar00dude
1st Gear Member

then again some claim 268.. 277... ect ect so i guess you would say 265 up to the 280 area.. i guess it depends where you do it.. the dyno.. air temp humidity ect ect.. but i think it is universal knowledge to most mach 1 owners they are underated.. hence ford making the 03's say 305 then the 04's say 310.. nothin changed but ford probably underated it too much and decided to make it a tad closer to reality
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
Hey guys, i just have some questions about the mach 1. I don't have one, i drive a stage 3 roush, but my younger brother has just purchased a 2003 black mach 1 and i have some mod questions as i don't know a whole lot about the car.
Here they are:
1) are the rods in a mach the same as a gt? good for about 450 hp/tq?
**yep same ones

2) what is the most common s/c ran on a mach? I have been searching and see that all are running the centri unit. I assume this is so you can keep the shaker system?
**P1sc is cheap and gives great results, the best IMO is the KB 2.1, but you pay a lil more for it

3) On average, what are the mach guys makine to the wheels with a s/c and n/a?
**s/c it varies but ~430rwhp (to be safe) N/a i put 271rwhp bone stock in hot humid muggy weather....the most i've seen out of a dohc 4.6 in a mach 1 is ~ 380rwhp

4) Is the rear end on a mach an IRS or is it regular like the GT?
**solid rear

5)I have noticed that alot of places don't offer mach 1 parts. they are either cobra or gt. now i know the mach has the 4v engine, but is the rest of the car a gt? or does he order all cobra parts?
** GT should fit MOST application for the mach 1 engine stuff will be diffrent

6) what gears are the mach guys running? His car revs higher than mine, so can he run 4.10 with no prob? he doesn't see the strip very offten so his driving consists of highway(not much) and city.
**stock 3.55 the most common upgrade's are to 4.10's and 4.30's

I think that is all i wanted to ask you guys, can't think of anymore questions as of now.
Greatly appreciat your input!

if you need aything else just hollar
Old 10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

ok, that is still not bad for n/a.
Still waiting for the s/c guys to speak up. let me know what you have and what you are running. There has to be one mach 1 out there that is blown.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

USMCrebel: The 380 rwhp, i am assuming that is with a s/c. If n/a, what mods did he do???
yes, i do know about the price of the kenne bell. will be putting mine on this weekend. I'm so excited.
so you can actually get by with 4.30 gears? what are the rpms at say 70 and 80 mph??
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Tim99GT
ok, that is still not bad for n/a.
Still waiting for the s/c guys to speak up. let me know what you have and what you are running. There has to be one mach 1 out there that is blown.
the only S/c mach here is subotai, and he's in the process of moving, so he'll be a lil while. but i think he's around 440rwhp with a p1sc-2

Quick Reply: Mach 1 Questions