Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

'03 Mach1 27,069 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeeZee
Brembo front brake upgrade with Akebono Ceramic pads Brembo rear brake pads with upgraded 2003 Cobra “Terminator” disc's.

no need to be a dick, just look it up bro !!!

In all honesty i was not being a "dick" its just when you advertise something be honest, open, and don't exaggerate things. Many of us here think "big brake kit" when you say it has a brembo front brake upgrade- you know why? Because we have Brembo rotors stock..the same exact brembo rotors that the terminators do. Basically you have stock PBR dual piston calipers, new stock rotors, and akebono pads. Sorry but potential buyers have the right to not be mis-informed.

Im a little confused about the power at the wheel- not doubting you- just confused. You have listed there that it made 315 at the wheels. I know Tim is a good reputable tuner and all, but do you have the dyno sheet to confirm the numbers listed? On what tune did it put down 315rwhp? We ask these questions for verification- not to intentially reduce your chance of a sale...quite the opposite.

Im not going to compare apples and oranges here but my car before the blower had SLP longtube headers, SLP X pipe, magnapack catback, aluminum driveshaft, C&L intake, PHP intake spacer, and fairly light wheels, was tuned and put down a best of 317rwhp / 327rwtq... that is why many are skeptical of your advertised gains from the mods listed. Now you said that you have ran nitrous on the car. That is something you may want to throw out in the beginning as to not mislead potential buyers. What did it put down on the nitrous tune / shot size? My last note is don't quote manufacturer specs for advertised hp gains...they are without exception always over-exaggerated and a perfect example is that of the C&L intake system. Don't get me wrong- I loved mine, but it may...may have given me 10 at the wheels..but I doubt it. Again good price, nice car, and I hope it sells... I just wanted to clarify and verify a few things about your add for folks that may not know a lot about these cars.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
WeeZee

Originally Posted by Machwon
In all honesty i was not being a "dick" its just when you advertise something be honest, open, and don't exaggerate things. Many of us here think "big brake kit" when you say it has a brembo front brake upgrade- you know why? Because we have Brembo rotors stock..the same exact brembo rotors that the terminators do. Basically you have stock PBR dual piston calipers, new stock rotors, and akebono pads. Sorry but potential buyers have the right to not be mis-informed.

Im a little confused about the power at the wheel- not doubting you- just confused. You have listed there that it made 315 at the wheels. I know Tim is a good reputable tuner and all, but do you have the dyno sheet to confirm the numbers listed? On what tune did it put down 315rwhp? We ask these questions for verification- not to intentially reduce your chance of a sale...quite the opposite.

Im not going to compare apples and oranges here but my car before the blower had SLP longtube headers, SLP X pipe, magnapack catback, aluminum driveshaft, C&L intake, PHP intake spacer, and fairly light wheels, was tuned and put down a best of 317rwhp / 327rwtq... that is why many are skeptical of your advertised gains from the mods listed. Now you said that you have ran nitrous on the car. That is something you may want to throw out in the beginning as to not mislead potential buyers. What did it put down on the nitrous tune / shot size? My last note is don't quote manufacturer specs for advertised hp gains...they are without exception always over-exaggerated and a perfect example is that of the C&L intake system. Don't get me wrong- I loved mine, but it may...may have given me 10 at the wheels..but I doubt it. Again good price, nice car, and I hope it sells... I just wanted to clarify and verify a few things about your add for folks that may not know a lot about these cars.
Ive never ran Nitrous ever. i'll strip the motor down to the block so you can see the internals, pistons, rings whatever. I said or trying to say I recieved a Nitrous tune by Tim free of charge. Modular Powerhouse was running 3 tunes for 1 deal. I try not to pull anybodys chain but i didn't realise how sensative people are, I did not buy stock Brembo rotors they are Cryo-treated upgraded front & rear rotors by Brembo, Not the plain ones that come stock. I have the red caliper & hat paint that came in the box but never used it. Sorry for the confusion, I have a dyno sheet somewhere : 93 octane was 306 rwhp dyno tested, 100 octane 315 rwhp estimated by Tim & 100 shot nitrous which was never used was 380 to 390 rwhp estimated by Tim. Im scared of Nitrous personally but it was part of a package.

Last edited by WeeZee; 11-07-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i'd love to see the dyno sheet

We are kinda sensitive here, there's been BS 'ers out the ***, and we kinda get that way.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel

We are kinda sensitive here, there's been BS 'ers out the ***, and we kinda get that way.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

There we go, the 315 was "estimated," and that "estimate" was with race gas.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

CL True Flow intake....22 horses eh? Not happening man, try 5hp if your lucky. Trust me, we all wish that these aftermarket guys claims held some truth, but they don't. You don't gain 15 hp from a mid-pipe either, maybe 7-9. Catbacks usually net 5-6, so they add up once its all put together. A tune alone isn't going to come anywhere near 28hp either unless you are including all your bolt ons plus the tune combined. The most I ever gained from a dyno tune was 17hp, and that was with supporting mods. I never did a baseline before the mods, but the the tune itself only gained 17.

What did Chris Farley say in that movie Tommy Boy, where he was trying to sell brake pads, but their box didn't have a guarantee on the side. Tommy Boy said, "Look, if you want me to take a dump into a box and mark it guaranteed on the side, no problem, I've got plenty of time, but in the end all you have is a guaranteed piece of ****." Same goes for these claims that the aftermarket makes.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
CL True Flow intake....22 horses eh? Not happening man, try 5hp if your lucky. Trust me, we all wish that these aftermarket guys claims held some truth, but they don't. You don't gain 15 hp from a mid-pipe either, maybe 7-9. Catbacks usually net 5-6, so they add up once its all put together. A tune alone isn't going to come anywhere near 28hp either unless you are including all your bolt ons plus the tune combined. The most I ever gained from a dyno tune was 17hp, and that was with supporting mods. I never did a baseline before the mods, but the the tune itself only gained 17.

What did Chris Farley say in that movie Tommy Boy, where he was trying to sell brake pads, but their box didn't have a guarantee on the side. Tommy Boy said, "Look, if you want me to take a dump into a box and mark it guaranteed on the side, no problem, I've got plenty of time, but in the end all you have is a guaranteed piece of ****." Same goes for these claims that the aftermarket makes.
+1...I wish I got 32hp untuned from adding my intake on my cobra.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:30 AM
WeeZee

Originally Posted by USMCrebel

Well you wanna see a dyno sheet call Tim @ Modular Powerhouse and pay for one, i guess. Tim's one of the best Tuners in the country along with Lidio Lobbecci at Alternative Auto
Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 AM
WeeZee

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
+1...I wish I got 32hp untuned from adding my intake on my cobra.
You did bro just a K&N cold air intake is 29 horse to 32 bro. Stock Terminators dyno at 370 to 380 rwhp. They never had 390 horse, they were under-rated from factory. Terminators had closer to 440 horse (440 x .85 = 374 rwhp) Terminators with no tuning and C&L trueflow intake kits dyno around 390 to 400 rwhp so to get that they must add near 25 to 30 engine horse ( 25 x .85 = 21.25 rwhp) 374 + 21.25 = 395, spot on bro !!! Companys can get law suits if there products don't stack up to their claims, im sure the products are within the ballpark of there claims. Just think about it if cobras only had 390 then how could they get to 500 rwhp with basic bolt-on's = It's all in the Tuner and the Tune, Period
Old 11-10-2008, 08:42 AM
WeeZee

Originally Posted by Furinox
There we go, the 315 was "estimated," and that "estimate" was with race gas.
All dyno figures are estimates, no dyno is 100% man. Get real, nothing is set in stone, conditions can never be perfect. Every dyno is different just like every engine dyno's different and act's different when modded. Why do you think they came up with the term (factory freak) sometimes motors put out more than expected.

Quick Reply: '03 Mach1 27,069 miles