Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

New mod for my birthday

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:20 AM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
I have been trying to find more info on prochambers. There's not a lot of info out there about them (my dumbass can't find it anyway). The theory makes sense, and they sound awesome, so if someone could give us some test results it may help people narrow down their mid-pipe search.
Originally Posted by USMCrebel
the X is far cheaper and delviers great results but i would love info on the prochamber
I've read articles and feedback that have given it high marks, a quick search will lead ya to them. The gain from anything o/r is so close that sound should be the decider. In addition to Mac's claim that the open-box crossover heating up the exhaust gases for better flow, it does actually muffle the sound a little more, allowing a stang with straight-through muffs to still sound like a muscle car. There is a sticky exhaust clip of a Mach with Adrenalines/Prochamber.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikedeuce6
Why is everyone so comfortable with taking off their cats?
You mean because of emissions laws, inspections, etc?

There are ways around that, depending on your area and/or who you know. I can get away with it for a few reasons.

1. I got an inspector who I'm pretty tight with, and does what he can as far as not looking under the car, reinstalling/uninstalling, etc.
2. The police or whoever don't look under cars or ask any questions about why a car is too loud or if they have the proper equipment... as long as it has an up-to-date inspection, its all good. This is how they are in NC, SC doesn't even do inspections, so they don't give damn what you have, lol. I think Fla is the same way.
3. If worse comes to worse and the computer won't pass it, we'll just throw it up on the lift, slap the stock mid on for a few days, and then pass it.

I wouldn't mess with the cats too much if I lived in an area that was strict on that stuff. I've heard its pretty bad i some parts of the country.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:46 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

I have no emissions laws other than "it must have a muffler" working or not doesn't matter
Old 01-23-2010, 12:23 PM
mikedeuce6
1st Gear Member

Oh ok. I was more curious about the effects it would have on the computer. I assume you would need to have a tuner before getting an or/x.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

It'll trip the CEL, but other than that, no negative effects (that I know of). You can turn them off with a handheld tuner, or use MIL eliminators. Both methods work fine.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
I have no emissions laws other than "it must have a muffler" working or not doesn't matter
Haha, nice!

So which X-pipes are you looking at?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:01 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i dunno which ever one my dad gets....im getting the 6,000lb low profile jack (really just any 6,000lb jack will do) but sadly those are gonna run me more than the X pipe by about 2 or 3x's. but as much as a do with cars is a better buy i think.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Might want to drop a hint to your Dad to not get the BBK X. Those have an issue with making some kind of weird rattle at certain rpm.

Is that jack your looking at just a regular 6k floor jack? My buddy has a lightweight low profile aluminum jack thats pretty nice. Not sure who makes it, but that jack literally only weighs about 10lbs (2 ton).
Old 01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

the jack is just a regular jack as the aluminum one was 659 or something like that.

and i believe it's a UPR
Old 01-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Shaken
1st Gear Member

Bassani if I had the extra money I would have bought there cat back.

Quick Reply: New mod for my birthday