Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

me and mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

Default me and mach 1

so i never really paid attention to mach 1's...i always thought it was just a fancy version of the 2v, but now that im more knowledgeable and after i bought the 3v i regret not getting one. This kid that lives by me had his mommy and daddy buy him a 04 mach 1 with exhaust (not sure exactly whats done to it) considering he just has minor exhaust work, what do i need to beat a mach 1. Im an 05 gt (auto...i know, i know) all i got is jlt cai/tune. Also, he always tries to race me, and everytime he has his best friend and their girlfriends so its a full car load. considering this, how big of a diff is the mach to the s197
Old 04-17-2010, 02:25 PM
ejanderson05gt
2nd Gear Member

Might try posting up in the Street/Strip section, they have a spot just for questions like these.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 PM
stangit9090
2nd Gear Member

Uhm you should get him the way you are now IMO...Your auto will shift instantly, he will be distracted from his females/bff.

Would be a better question if you had already raced and told us how much you won/lost by.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:03 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I'd just go tell his mommy and daddy that you're intimidated by his car and he should stop being mean.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Synyster06Gates
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stangit9090
Uhm you should get him the way you are now IMO...Your auto will shift instantly, he will be distracted from his females/bff.

Would be a better question if you had already raced and told us how much you won/lost by.
lol unless the 5 speed is already in the gear he wants when they go... then he gets the edge while the auto downshifts...
Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 PM
HEMI LOL
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I'd just go tell his mommy and daddy that you're intimidated by his car and he should stop being mean.
FTW! aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Old 04-17-2010, 05:08 PM
bojanglesowner07252
2nd Gear Member

naw, im not intimidated by his car...i had just recently found out that mach's were even a good car, just not sure of what to expect being that most of the cars in my area are a crap load of ls1's and ricers. Not too many mustangs to race around here so just not sure if it was going to be close or be one of those races where its like, why even bother. and not too mention, if i had a super charger i sure wouldnt mind racing alot more people.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
stangit9090
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates
lol unless the 5 speed is already in the gear he wants when they go... then he gets the edge while the auto downshifts...
I meant after the initial start. While he's struggling for 3rd, the 05 is long gone. Most people can't shift for ****.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:19 PM
brunobluto
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bojanglesowner07252
so i never really paid attention to mach 1's...i always thought it was just a fancy version of the 2v, but now that im more knowledgeable and after i bought the 3v i regret not getting one. This kid that lives by me had his mommy and daddy buy him a 04 mach 1 with exhaust (not sure exactly whats done to it) considering he just has minor exhaust work, what do i need to beat a mach 1. Im an 05 gt (auto...i know, i know) all i got is jlt cai/tune. Also, he always tries to race me, and everytime he has his best friend and their girlfriends so its a full car load. considering this, how big of a diff is the mach to the s197
I think those mach 1s make nearly identical power numbers stock as your 3v, and it might weigh less too, not counting the girls. Depending on his gear ratio and other mods he might have, he may edge you out in a race.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:33 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Stock for stock the Mach has a slight edge. Considering that you don't know exactly what's all done to his ride, it's hard to guess the possible outcome at this point. If it's a manual you'll have a better chance from a dig, and if it's an auto a dig or roll could go either way. It depends on his mods, driver skill, traction, how many passengers he has, etc.

Quick Reply: me and mach 1