Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

What to do????

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timjuice83
Aww so bbk is the way to go huh? Do they make a bbk shorty x pipe or am I stuck with the mid. As far as the hp issue that's fine I wasn't looking to push any more then 425 since it's my daily driver. I've never even drove anything with that much power so I think I'll be fine with something around there then. Thanks for the info I'll probably pass on the pypes and go bbk then ha ha. Also how hard is it to do gears?
BBK is good but still do some research and make sure that is what you really want, keep in mind that in order to work on the tranny or clutch you will need to remove at least 1 header to do so unless you get more expensive ARH or Kooks headers. Dont forget to buy the right header gaskets!!! Get dead soft metal gaskets that crush to form fit, they wont come loose or blow-out like my BBK "premiums" did lol, I paid 630 for the first install and 708 for the second last week so this is why you need to get quality stuff the first time because I have felt the burn lol. You have to really know what your doing to install gears so I would have a reputable shop do it.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:02 PM
timjuice83
1st Gear Member

Right on. Thanks for the info. I know a few shops that can hook me up with gear instal since I'm sure I'd ruin it lol
Old 07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Mach1man
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
There are alot of guys here (with 2 V's) pushing 400-410 HP with no problems. Are'nt the Mach's block stouter than a GT's block?
The block isn't the problem, it's the cracked metal rods and pistons that can't hold up to the increased pressures of high boost. The generally accepted rule of thumb for a stock block forced induction Mach 1 is try to keep boost down around the 8-9psi range, and tune it for about 450-465hp, and it should last for quite awhile. Go much over that, and it's a live grenade with the pin pulled!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mach1man
The block isn't the problem, it's the cracked metal rods and pistons that can't hold up to the increased pressures of high boost. The generally accepted rule of thumb for a stock block forced induction Mach 1 is try to keep boost down around the 8-9psi range, and tune it for about 450-465hp, and it should last for quite awhile. Go much over that, and it's a live grenade with the pin pulled!
There it is! Listen to dis guy too.