Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

What to do????

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 PM
timjuice83
1st Gear Member

Default What to do????

Just got my 03 Mach 1 a few weeks ago. First Stang and loving it! Trying to decide what to do to it first thought I'd ask the Mach experts here. I'd like to get it ready for a supercharger install hopefully this winter or following spring. Right now she has an o/r x pipe with no mufflers and it sounds terrible so I'm thinking of taking that off and doing Pypes long tube headers and a shorty o/r h pipe and some thrush turbo mufflers. Any suggestions on this set up? Will it sound nice or still terrible? I've heard h pipes have a deeper tone which is what I want and the hp difference isn't very much. Also I'll have a few extra hundred bucks to throw around so any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Old 07-16-2010, 12:23 PM
timjuice83
1st Gear Member

Also has JLT CAI and supposedly has a tune...
Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

weld in some Bassani mufflers? Next mods all depend on budget!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:55 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

check out the exhaust thread up top...it holds your answers
Old 07-16-2010, 03:35 PM
timjuice83
1st Gear Member

I'm pretty set up in exhaust I'm talking after that lol
Old 07-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

That will sound terrible, IMO dont buy Pypes stuff I have heard bad reveiws about fitment and the cheapest I would go as far as headers are BBK... Check out youtube for exhaust notes, I personally like Borla and Corsa but I have Flowmasters and they sound pretty good. I have a JLT CAI and it is a P.O.S. (just get a drop-in K&N) it doesnt fit right and doesnt provide any gains (not that I bought it for gains) Maybe after a dyno tune it will be a different story but so far its a waste of money. First mod(after buying use less mods lol) get gears, whatever exhaust you like(not thrush lol) and a dyno tune.

- The stock Mach motor is only good for around 450 HP and supercharging it will destroy your engine if you dont beef it up. A guy in my area had a kenne bell pushing 8 psi and dyno'd 463, he blew it up shortly after and has since installed an aluminater lol. Last thoughts- dont settle, buy quality parts because in the end you will regret having crap mods that dont function the way you thought they would... Get a sense of what mods are good for our cars and what mods are bad(underdrive pullies!!!) Listen to USMCRebel, he knows what hes talking about and I am just relaying information that I have gathered throughout being a member on this website. Good luck!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fstanggt96
That will sound terrible, IMO dont buy Pypes stuff I have heard bad reveiws about fitment and the cheapest I would go as far as headers are BBK... Check out youtube for exhaust notes, I personally like Borla and Corsa but I have Flowmasters and they sound pretty good. I have a JLT CAI and it is a P.O.S. (just get a drop-in K&N) it doesnt fit right and doesnt provide any gains (not that I bought it for gains) Maybe after a dyno tune it will be a different story but so far its a waste of money. First mod(after buying use less mods lol) get gears, whatever exhaust you like(not thrush lol) and a dyno tune.

- The stock Mach motor is only good for around 450 HP and supercharging it will destroy your engine if you dont beef it up. A guy in my area had a kenne bell pushing 8 psi and dyno'd 463, he blew it up shortly after and has since installed an aluminater lol. Last thoughts- dont settle, buy quality parts because in the end you will regret having crap mods that dont function the way you thought they would... Get a sense of what mods are good for our cars and what mods are bad(underdrive pullies!!!) Listen to USMCRebel, he knows what hes talking about and I am just relaying information that I have gathered throughout being a member on this website. Good luck!
There are alot of guys here (with 2 V's) pushing 400-410 HP with no problems. Are'nt the Mach's block stouter than a GT's block?
Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Justinr1001
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
There are alot of guys here (with 2 V's) pushing 400-410 HP with no problems. Are'nt the Mach's block stouter than a GT's block?
By "block" im guessing you are meaning internals? No, machs and gt's share the same sh***y rods and pistons.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Fstanggt96
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justinr1001
By "block" im guessing you are meaning internals? No, machs and gt's share the same sh***y rods and pistons.
Oh, im not sure about the rods and pistons but they have a forged crank if they're a 5 spd and an alluminum block and heads. I think its the block but im not exactly sure, I have been told multiple times that they are only good for about 450hp.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 AM
timjuice83
1st Gear Member

Aww so bbk is the way to go huh? Do they make a bbk shorty x pipe or am I stuck with the mid. As far as the hp issue that's fine I wasn't looking to push any more then 425 since it's my daily driver. I've never even drove anything with that much power so I think I'll be fine with something around there then. Thanks for the info I'll probably pass on the pypes and go bbk then ha ha. Also how hard is it to do gears?