Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Longtubes Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:48 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKAT
Yeh same here on heads/cams.....I think we have the same goal, which is 11.99 NA.....Anyways that mine. Your not to far off man, A dyno tune would def put you there. Im a little further away but, I'm confident I'll get there.
You'll get there. If you're like me you'll always looks for ways to improve the driver mod as well. The goal can't be accomplished w/o that.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by BKAT
I made an appointment for a dyno tune.
Smart as it looks to be running pig rich
Old 03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

speaking of running rich, BKAT get some good intel on how your car is running w/o a dyno tune. I occassionally have the puffy exhaust smoke indicating a rich mixture, and that's even with the Diablo tune which leans it out a little. I once read in a thread on M1R that our cars have somewhat of a rich spot in the upper rpm range. Again, our cars are similar so thought it'd be a good thing to know. Thx. Oh, and see if you can get the tuning on vid, those are always nice to watch.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
BKAT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygi23
speaking of running rich, BKAT get some good intel on how your car is running w/o a dyno tune. I occassionally have the puffy exhaust smoke indicating a rich mixture, and that's even with the Diablo tune which leans it out a little. I once read in a thread on M1R that our cars have somewhat of a rich spot in the upper rpm range. Again, our cars are similar so thought it'd be a good thing to know. Thx. Oh, and see if you can get the tuning on vid, those are always nice to watch.
i'll ask when shee goes if she was running rich or what not..... Remember this will be awhile from now, as my appt in april 27th lol......I'll video tape if they let me for sure....BTW I put up a new vid of the kooks check it out....