Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

mach 1 issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 PM
03_mach_won

Originally Posted by mestit3
I believe it's supposed to take 75w 140.
you sir are correct. It even has a tag on the cover that says 75w140 so i returned the 75w90 back... shes running amazing now.. the previous owner just didn't care about changing anything on it.. and dang shes so fast coming from having a honda with only 191whp lol
Old 04-24-2011, 10:49 PM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

congrats, its always best to start small and work your way up when things arent running right.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03_mach_won
The air filer was dirty as ****.. i replaced it, and the fuel filter was dripping out mud.. oem fuel filter thats never been replaced lol.. and lucas fuel injector cleaner with 91 octane... its helped the car so much! i feel more power and the bogging has settled down and it only happens once in a while. I'm thinking about doing round 2 with lucas injector cleaner.
that's good news, easy fixing and saving you money. The synthetic gear oil is 75w 140, and when you return the incorrect weight just go with Amsoil instead. Seeing that a fuel filter is cheap, I'd install another new one in a week or so so that any leftover crude is gone. Happy to hear the good news.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM
03_mach_won

since Califorina has cheap gas, would octane booster help a mach 1 or is it just a waste of money?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:38 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03_mach_won
since Califorina has cheap gas, would octane booster help a mach 1 or is it just a waste of money?
don't waste your money. Only run what she's tuned to run on. Excessive octane can actually hurt performance. Though, the booster increased octane by no more than 3 tenths of one octane.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 PM
ponyponer
2nd Gear Member

WOOOFFFFFF! i live in jersey, and it's a law we can't pump our own gas. one time the guy pumping my gas wasn't in the right state of mind, and gave me plus, and only pumped it for 10 seconds he may have put one gallon in it. he was pretty cool about it, and corrected himself, and told me. he could have never told me, and waited until after i got on the road and came back pissed at him. he actually had the nerve to admit he made a mistake which i appreciated. he also didn't charge me for the gallon of plus he put in. he had pumped my gas for a while, and still continued to after so i trusted him. i still gave him tips sometimes too since he was cool, and he's still pumping at that station, but i don't live up in that area anymore, but when i'm up there i get my gas there. i been getting gas there since high school in the late 80s long before he was working there. probably when he was in diapers. ever since though i make sure they hit premium, and filling it with the premium pump. it started bogging with just a gallon of the middle grade! the dude who pumped it has always been cool so i never held it against him.

i can't imagine one of these being ran for 70k miles on regular!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
automan

Default bog down

check fuel filter and pressure.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
03_mach_won

I checked the fuel pressure it was around 29-35 regardless I replaced my fuel pressure regulator. I'm going to try out the mass air flow sensor and check the cats to make sure they're not clogged. Other then that I replaced the clutch with the 11" cobra and she's running amazing.. The bogging happens once in a while now when the car has been running for a while.. That's why I'm checking the cats some time this week.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:33 PM
SlowGreenBULLITT

i dont know if u have fixed the problem but i had a similar problem with my stang. 1st time it would bog at high rpm that was a bad coil doesnt really sound like your issue. however 2nd time in at about 3,000 rpm in 4th the car would not die but there was no throttle response same all of 5th turned out to be a bad MAF sensor. hope this helps before u go blowing a ton of money trying to figure it out.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
SlowGreenBULLITT

and retune.

Quick Reply: mach 1 issues