Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

going procharged!! hopefully....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 03:33 PM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

There is a good diablo shop near revolution performance that is going to do the tuning. I dont know if I want 460rwhp, I want to stay safe, maybe 430-440rwhp range.

Im really trying to decide whether or not to attempt the install myself. Im not an expert but to save the $1200 install price would be great. Im going to try to find someone with experience who could maybe come by my house for the weekend to help me for a couple hundred bucks. I've had no luck so far.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:44 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 954mach1
There is a good diablo shop near revolution performance that is going to do the tuning. I dont know if I want 460rwhp, I want to stay safe, maybe 430-440rwhp range.

Im really trying to decide whether or not to attempt the install myself. Im not an expert but to save the $1200 install price would be great. Im going to try to find someone with experience who could maybe come by my house for the weekend to help me for a couple hundred bucks. I've had no luck so far.
This is just a thought, you can go to whoever you'd like. I highly recommend the guys at mobile mod performance, Carlos and Ronnie, they did my eaton swap for less than that I believe and it was a **** ton more work, gauges, tank swap and the full eaton swap and not a single word for instructions. Carlos texted me with the progress each and every day with pictures. The car came out and was driven 21000 trouble free miles in 14 months after that and plenty of racing and launches. Nothing at all against Luke, he's a great guy, I'm just trying to give you some options since you want to save money but also trust that the installation was done right.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:17 PM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

where are these guys located?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:27 PM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

ok, just found them on the internet, looks pretty neat, I will call them and see what price they offer.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

ok, just found them on the internet, looks pretty neat, I will call them and see what price they offer.
Yea, they're off of exit 33 on I95, not to far from you I believe. Tell them Carlos, the owner of the eaton swapped mach sent you, they will take good care of you. The day my car was done they closed up shop even though they had tons of work and went with me to the tuner in Miramar for 4 hours to see the car on the dyno.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:20 PM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

well sounds good, I dont doubt your word but I cant seem to find any reviews on them. Are they insured?? Stand by their work?? Warranty?? Thats the thing, Im always skeptical of going to a new shop. What I like about revolution is they have great customer service and stand by their work, but I would love to save some cash on this build cause im hurting from the purchase price.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:26 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

well sounds good, I dont doubt your word but I cant seem to find any reviews on them. Are they insured?? Stand by their work?? Warranty?? Thats the thing, Im always skeptical of going to a new shop. What I like about revolution is they have great customer service and stand by their work, but I would love to save some cash on this build cause im hurting from the purchase price.
I never really found them online. Way back online there was only one site for all south Florida mustang owners, southfloridastangs.com. Most of their customer reviews was on there. As you may know every year there's a 9/11 run from broward to the keys to donate money to the families of 9/11 victims, well the guys from mobile mod found out that someone else from the website had their hands in the pot. So them and a few others left and started stangsofsouthflorida.com, that's where their newer reviews are. The guy who stayed behind remodeled the old website and deleted all things dealing with mobile mod from their site. So you can go to ssf and read up on them. I do remember one of them mentioning a warranty on their work but it was a while back and I wasn't really paying attention. You can call cais or Ronnie and they'll be more than happy to answer those questions.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:30 PM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

ok, just a little update.

spoke with the guys at mobilemod and they gave me a great price for the install so I will probaly being going with them. The only other issue I have now is the tune. They say they use a company called Torq in Miramar and they come highly recomended. So I called them and they were very informative. There is one problem, I have a Diablo tuner and they only use SCT. They explained that they cannot tune the car very well with the diablo because it does not have as many perameters as the SCT. They said I would be better off selling the diablo and they would sell me a SCT with a dyno tune for $750.

I dont know if SCT is that much better then diablo or he was just trying to sell me on the SCT. So I guess I am going to have to find another tune shop with diablo or go with the SCT.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:31 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

ok, just a little update.

spoke with the guys at mobilemod and they gave me a great price for the install so I will probaly being going with them. The only other issue I have now is the tune. They say they use a company called Torq in Miramar and they come highly recomended. So I called them and they were very informative. There is one problem, I have a Diablo tuner and they only use SCT. They explained that they cannot tune the car very well with the diablo because it does not have as many perameters as the SCT. They said I would be better off selling the diablo and they would sell me a SCT with a dyno tune for $750.

I dont know if SCT is that much better then diablo or he was just trying to sell me on the SCT. So I guess I am going to have to find another tune shop with diablo or go with the SCT.
Told you they were gonna give you a good price. Torq does all tuning for mobile mod and Paul meister is a great tuner and very knowledgeable guy, go with him, you won't be disappointed. When I was looking around for a programmer I read all the threads and the concensus is that sct is much better than diablo, much more friendly software than diablos. I went with a used sct x3 powerflash because it gave me the option to hold 3 different tunes in the programmer along with being easy to use and easy to datalog with. I went with a used one because I didn't want to pay 400 for a new one. I bought it for 100 bucks and had sct unlock it for another 150. I actually still have my programmer if you ever decide to use the sct.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:38 AM
954mach1
1st Gear Member

ok, guess I will go the SCT route. I will put my diablo on ebay or something but I got to unlock it so I dont rip anyone off.

the guys at torq said their tunes start at around $529, but would throw in a SCT with the tune for $750...I think thats a good price. You said you are willing to sell your SCT?? if so, for how much?

Quick Reply: going procharged!! hopefully....