Mach 1 Section This section is for discussions relating to the reincarnation of the Mach 1 trimline.

Yup, I'm a new member of some Dirt Bag f^*+%= up my car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TomKat
sorry dude that happens now and then, be glad it wasn't as bad as it could of been!
Man you aren't kidding there TomKat. My insurance carrier has been a complete POS through this entire process! Took a full week just to get them to send out the adjuster. You can't get through to anyone, it goes on and on. The adjuster wouldnt even talk to the shop manager. Told him he would email him as to what they would pay. Then e mailed 50 bucks less than the quote. The shop did waive the 50 bucks. They have been soooo difficult to deal with the shop doesn't even trust them to pay their portion and is asking that I pay for it upon picking it up or asked That I leave it there until they do pay.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

OP someone did the same exact thing to my drivers side qrtr panel.

I came out of the mall and there was a foot print and a dent in almost the same exact spot as yours where someone kicked my car
Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

dwtjr3 Im so sorry, I know the feeling. Is there any possibility of it being on camera? I had absolutely nothing to go with other than my word. The local finest basically told me I was screwed if I couldn't prove who did it.
Mine I believe was accidental with no ***** to tell me. I will never know. Yours is absolutely purposeful.
I did have mine repaired, I just got it back last Friday. What I did to take a little bit of the sting out of it. While it was in the shop I had the back window re tinted. It really needed to be redone. So to deal with it mentally, I kind of convinced myself that it is actually better than it was.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Do you have any pictures of how it came out now that you got it fixed? But man that sucks big time, sorry to hear about that. I would hate for someone to do that to mine, I'm always trying to find a parking space that is further away from everyone else I don't care if I have to walk further to get to wherever I'm going.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that, but yeah as GD annoying as it is, it certainly could've been worse. Try to focus on that, though I know it's small comfort!

I got creamed in my parking lot years back, by a 16 year old girl backing out of her spot. She ran right into my rear fender and smashed it good. She left me a note, apologized and took full responsibility, offered to pay at whatever pace her income and help from parents would allow. There was absolutely no damage on her car, and it was late at night so likely that no one saw it. She could've easily gotten away with it, I was very pleased with her behavior. And the universe was pleased too and gave her a break. A week later someone ran a red light and t-boned me, and overlapped and added to her damage and thus it got fixed along with the new damage by his insurance and she didn't have to pay anything...

This is one of the many reasons I'm soooo thankful I don't have to park outside anymore. Sadly you just can't trust people to take responsibility anymore when they think they can get away with it, with a few bright exceptions...
Old 02-05-2013, 06:35 PM
GT Katie
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tom V
197 views and not one response. I wasn't looking for a crying towel. What's done is done. I kind of figured someone has been through the same thing or something similar. Maybe even understands my frustration.

I shower daily so I hope it's not an odor thing.
LOL, I haven't logged in for months untill today, so it's not the odor thing ;-)

Does your TH complex have any security cameras? Are there any businesses close by that have them? It would be worth checking cuz it could be someone who's living there or still visiting. Any paint residue left at the scene?
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Do you have any pictures of how it came out now that you got it fixed? But man that sucks big time, sorry to hear about that. I would hate for someone to do that to mine, I'm always trying to find a parking space that is further away from everyone else I don't care if I have to walk further to get to wherever I'm going.
The body work came out great. I am hoping to get it washed this weekend. I will try to get a couple photos of it in the sunlight.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Sorry to hear that, but yeah as GD annoying as it is, it certainly could've been worse. Try to focus on that, though I know it's small comfort!
You are absolutely right. It could have been much worse. The biggest annoyance was being right after the holidays. Trying to come up with the extra scratch to get the car fixed sucked but we will be ok. More so than the money I just don't want my car all banged up. I'm sure from your experience you understand. Hopefully sooner than later it will be a distant memory.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Tom V
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT Katie
LOL, I haven't logged in for months untill today, so it's not the odor thing ;-)

Does your TH complex have any security cameras? Are there any businesses close by that have them? It would be worth checking cuz it could be someone who's living there or still visiting. Any paint residue left at the scene?
LOL, it just seemed on that day everyone was avoiding me like I was a leper or something. I couldn't think of anything else to say.

No luck with the security cameras. I'm getting a camera for it when I get my income tax refund if Obama deems me worthy of my money. But I won't get started on that. All of my neighbors are careful around it, door dings etc and I am in return. I have considered one of their guest doing it again. If I find out I will punt the mirrors right off their car!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
GT Katie
1st Gear Member

Don't count on NO'Bama deeming you worthy of getting your $$ back since you're in the working class. He only gives to the lazy ****** that sit on their asses all day with their hands out wanting more FREE STUFF.
Are you getting a camera that's for "inside" the car, or one to mount on your house to watch it?

Quick Reply: Yup, I'm a new member of some Dirt Bag f^*+%= up my car!