haha :P
Old 11-08-2011, 09:39 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

has he done it before?
Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 PM
WoahPony
3rd Gear Member

Building that 4.2l most of the winter I imagine. Gonna get friendly with a dremel and do some gasket matching on the intakes and head exhaust ports. Cobra front end, probably some JL component speakers all the way around. after that wheels and suspension, but it'll probably be Spring again by the time I get around to that. Fool over here's still looking for work. Oh and I'm doing an A/C delete while I'm in there. I figured I only used it once or twice last summer, and I might as well free up those ponies and drop that 60 pounds while I'm in there
Old 11-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Well, I just lined up the last two components for my audio upgrade (been shopping carefully, and trying hard to do a respectable system on a smallish budget)

Going to use an Infinity component setup in the doors/a-pillars, and 8" Cerwin Vega subwoofers to replace the factory Shaker 500 bass drivers. Power for the main speakers will be a Kenwood 720w 4-channel amp, and the subs running off a 1000w Kenwood 2-channel amp.

I really would LIKE to add a decent large Sub to the trunk, but the only real options for the 05+ 'vert seem to be cheap pig-ugly amateurish enclosures from eBay etc, a custom job, or the pretty but megabuck one from JL Audio (around a grand UNPOWERED)
Old 11-10-2011, 08:00 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

seems like all of us are going to be busy busy busy...good luck to all, and i hope we're all able to get done what we have planned
Old 11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
keysflier

Default Body work and paint ... if I'm feeling brave enough.

Had a little "incident" on a recent overnight hotel stay. Vandals/theives broke into my 97 GT and ruined both door locks. Their insertion of what was probably a screwdriver into the key slots finally worked on the passenger side. The door was unlocked and my interior was tossed (nothing taken though, so they must've been spooked during the attempt).

Anyway, decided if I replace the locks, I just invite the same problem again, so I shaved the locks and installed a "secret" switch to pop the door lock solenoids. Now I have to paint the doors though, so we'll see if I can come close enough with a color match.

Figure if I'm daring enough to cut, weld and grind on my doors, painting should be no big deal... Besides, it's like a bad hair cut - it'll either grow back or you can repaint it.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by keysflier
Had a little "incident" on a recent overnight hotel stay. Vandals/theives broke into my 97 GT and ruined both door locks. Their insertion of what was probably a screwdriver into the key slots finally worked on the passenger side. The door was unlocked and my interior was tossed (nothing taken though, so they must've been spooked during the attempt).

Anyway, decided if I replace the locks, I just invite the same problem again, so I shaved the locks and installed a "secret" switch to pop the door lock solenoids. Now I have to paint the doors though, so we'll see if I can come close enough with a color match.

Figure if I'm daring enough to cut, weld and grind on my doors, painting should be no big deal... Besides, it's like a bad hair cut - it'll either grow back or you can repaint it.
Sorry about the break-in, but a good excuse for an upgrade. I'd considered doing something similar, until I found that not having exposed door handles would cause the car to fail tech inspection at most tracks. (I don't track the car frequently, but want the option open when the mood hits me)
Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I am doing cams this winter. Does anybody have the 3v compressor tool that I can rent from them? I am willing to throw them some cash, as long as you are saving me the $100 plus shipping to rent it online haha. And Rashad, the header install is tough, certainly some tight spaces, but my advice would be to soak the studs that attach the mid-pipe in wd40 for a few days before you install them. I snapped 2, just like Brian. If I had a lift I'd tell you to come by and help out, but it is a huge pain to do on jack stands and that's all I have. If you were going to do it that way anyways, I am down to come by and help out because I know it is helpful to have an extra hand when you are putting in headers.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:28 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
I am doing cams this winter. Does anybody have the 3v compressor tool that I can rent from them? I am willing to throw them some cash, as long as you are saving me the $100 plus shipping to rent it online haha. And Rashad, the header install is tough, certainly some tight spaces, but my advice would be to soak the studs that attach the mid-pipe in wd40 for a few days before you install them. I snapped 2, just like Brian. If I had a lift I'd tell you to come by and help out, but it is a huge pain to do on jack stands and that's all I have. If you were going to do it that way anyways, I am down to come by and help out because I know it is helpful to have an extra hand when you are putting in headers.
thanks for the offer mang...i'm havin one of the guys in service help me out...he stays after closing and does side jobs, and he sed he'd help me out

Quick Reply: Winter projects?