My 2006 Vista Blue GT 4.6 - MustangForums.com



Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
borii
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 30
Default My 2006 Vista Blue GT 4.6





This shot shows how the tires protrude while still being flush. I love it.



The front coil spring.



The drop in the front. Only 1" but looks lower with the taller tire.



The rear wheel at a close up.



A complete side shot. The rear still sits high but trust me, when compared to stock it is definitely lower.













They are a staggered set. 18x10 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. Tires up front are 255/45/18 and the rear is 275/45/18. The tires are Nitto 555.



Ford Racing Springs.

I have since tuned it from 87 to 93 and installed 4.10 gears and the C&L Racer intake. Wicked now (to me since I know some of you guys are pushing twice my HP haha):clap:

Also installed Hawk Street Pads Front and Rear. Stocks on a dime now. The combo of tire and drop REALLY changed the handling. Feels like a completely different car.
borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
borii
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 30
Default

Two things.

The rear settled a bit more. I don't think it ill go down much more without prolonged weight in the back.

Second, I replaced the "GT" emblems with 'Autobot' badges. Couldn't help it.





borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member
 
Soldier GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MO/ Born and raised in Louisiana
Posts: 10,693
Default

Looks nice my man but... I would finish her up with the blacked out look (tails and head lights).. Also (me) I'm a big fan of the GT symbol on the side of the 05-09 GT's. Maybe slap it back on and get it painted black. Also get rid of the antennae. Tilll this day, I don't know what Ford was thinking about making that frigging antennae that big. Congrats once again and it's only my suggestions..
Soldier GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
Matermine
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

I have to agree with Soldier. Get the short antenna or get rid of it.

Not a big fan of the autobot symbol, but whatever floats your boat.
Nice car.
Matermine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
borii
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier GT View Post
Looks nice my man but... I would finish her up with the blacked out look (tails and head lights).. Also (me) I'm a big fan of the GT symbol on the side of the 05-09 GT's. Maybe slap it back on and get it painted black. Also get rid of the antennae. Tilll this day, I don't know what Ford was thinking about making that frigging antennae that big. Congrats once again and it's only my suggestions..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Matermine View Post
I have to agree with Soldier. Get the short antenna or get rid of it.

Not a big fan of the autobot symbol, but whatever floats your boat.
Nice car.
I hate the antenna as well. Trying to get a black 3 inches. I have only been able to find a silver 3 inches. I do not like the 'Shorty' antennas because they're usually still 8 inches which isn't really short.

As far as the tails and headlights, I am getting the Raxiom smoked headlights and corners which retain the amber bulb. The rear I ordered the black deck lid panel and the black trim but I will not be smoking the tails. Too dark for safety IMO so they will stay OEM.

A sfar as the 'Autobot' symbol, I knew it'd be a hit or miss with the 'audience' but it has some meaning to me haha. I love transformers, have always as a kid. It will be the ONLY corny/silly thing I ever do to this car.
borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
lizzyfan
Underboss
 
lizzyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Helaware
Posts: 20,278
Default

Love those bluestangs!!
lizzyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Matermine
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by borii View Post
I hate the antenna as well. Trying to get a black 3 inches. I have only been able to find a silver 3 inches. I do not like the 'Shorty' antennas because they're usually still 8 inches which isn't really short.

As far as the tails and headlights, I am getting the Raxiom smoked headlights and corners which retain the amber bulb. The rear I ordered the black deck lid panel and the black trim but I will not be smoking the tails. Too dark for safety IMO so they will stay OEM.

A sfar as the 'Autobot' symbol, I knew it'd be a hit or miss with the 'audience' but it has some meaning to me haha. I love transformers, have always as a kid. It will be the ONLY corny/silly thing I ever do to this car.
Understandable. It's your car, customize it the way you want it.

I didn't know they made a 3 inch antenna...I'll have to look into that.
Matermine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member
 
vbstang13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Va
Posts: 820
Default

I like what you have done to your car, very nice. Autobot or not that's what is so awesome about our cars we can do things that make them unique.
Your pics remind me of some neighborhoods in Philly.
vbstang13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
borii
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 30
Default































borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member
 
95 BLOWN GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: buying tires!
Posts: 3,220
Default

are you painting the carbon fiber parts ? if not lose the stripes..imo
95 BLOWN GT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
extnesion for radio antenna to head unit kevsgt 2005-2014 Mustangs 5 10-09-2015 10:12 PM
Original Owner 1970 Mustang b8checker Classic Mustangs (Tech) 8 10-08-2015 12:55 PM
04 Mach 460 system, Installed Aftermarket HU, No Highs/Tweeters breaking Audio/Visual Electronics 5 10-02-2015 01:27 PM
New guy in AZ. First Mustang, First Manual, First car. BeatnikFink New Member Area 6 10-01-2015 08:00 PM
WTB Kona Blue GT Front Bumper Cover winner99 Want To Buy Ads 0 10-01-2015 01:06 PM


Tags
18x10, 18x9, 2006, 2754518, 302r, blue, boss, bullitt, gt, mustang, oewheelsllc, s197, staggered, vista, wheel, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.