Members Mustangs This section is for picture threads relating to members Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

Little photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 AM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Default Little photoshoot

I took the car out for a little photo-op the other morning. I'm no photographer, but I'm capturing the car as it goes through it's exterior mods. I'm thinking of adding the red GT500 stripes. Opinions?
Attached Thumbnails Little photoshoot-img_1470-small.jpg   Little photoshoot-img_1474-small.jpg   Little photoshoot-img_1500-small.jpg  
Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Nice pics, I like the location in the first one. Car is looking good
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM
silverskoundrel
1st Gear Member

I really like the second picture. Good lookin car!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. At one point I had thought about black wheels, but too many "blacked out" cars do that, and I really like the look of the 18" polished wheels. Any other thoughts on future changes?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:30 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I will give you the same opinion I toss out to everyone.. lower it. It is so eye catching to me to see that much space in between the fender and the tire. Lowering it makes it look meaner and more aggresive. It also gives you a better ride as far as handling goes.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Stripes. Please and thatnks
Old 07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Vankor
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
I will give you the same opinion I toss out to everyone.. lower it. It is so eye catching to me to see that much space in between the fender and the tire. Lowering it makes it look meaner and more aggresive. It also gives you a better ride as far as handling goes.
Yeah, it might look better because the gap between the tires and body is large, but where I live, I'll be ripping my chin spoiler off in no time. Already I scrape on some entryways.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Toxix
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
+1 ^
Finally got around to doing mine...2 years later.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vankor
Yeah, it might look better because the gap between the tires and body is large, but where I live, I'll be ripping my chin spoiler off in no time. Already I scrape on some entryways.
Could go for lowering just the rear. I'm not sure about other brands but you can get Roush rear springs separate from the front and the install is easy. They will drop the rear 1".

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RS...n/?prefilter=1

That will at least even the car for a better look, it's what I did before eventually lowering the front.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

The polished OEM 18" wheels are my favorite factory wheels. But since you have a black car, black wheels with the machined finishing on the face look amazing on a black car...

American Muscle sells a few different designs in the black/machined finish. I think the new AMRs would look great (they were not available when I bought my GT500 replicas).

If don't want to lower, you could stagger 18x9s in the front and 19x9.5s or 19x10s in the rear like I did. Putting a larger rear wheel/tire evens out the wheel gap front and rear for a more balanced look. Plus it gives a slight rake that looks great IMO!

Quick Reply: Little photoshoot