Members Other Vehicles This section is for picture threads relating to members non-Mustangs. Please read the rules before posting!

Stig's Official Z06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

lol, I don't have money for a turbo setup. But I did just order some drilled rotors with ceramic pads and some new JL front speakers. Should be busy next weekend
Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Received my nitrous accessories and my blue NOS bottle today. Still waiting on the main nitrous kit.

Also went to install new 3.5" front speakers yesterday and found out the previous owner had upgraded the speaker size. So now I need to figure out if I need new speakers and how to wire an amp to them.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Damn the vette is looking good. How big of a hit are you spraying?
Old 02-24-2012, 09:30 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Damn the vette is looking good. How big of a hit are you spraying?
Thanks! I'm doing a 150 wet shot, figure that should be enough.

My goals are > 550 rwhp and sub 10.99 1/4 mile. Both of which should be pretty achievable, provided I don't get kicked out of the track for no roll cage and nothing breaks.

Very first mod after dyno tune will be some 315 Hoosiers!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:30 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Sweet. I have similar goals. I'm going to have to go with a 200 shot to get close to my 10s anything goal.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Put on my new brakes yesterday. I would like to repaint the calipers sometime, but didn't have the time, or white paint for the lettering yesterday.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:53 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Car looks good man! I am a big fan of the Z06's... The new ones are just plain NASTY. I had a friend with a regular C5 vette on a 125 shot and it would absolutely fly! With the Hoosiers, and spraying it early in the run, you should have no problem running in the 10s in my estimation.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:24 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
Car looks good man! I am a big fan of the Z06's... The new ones are just plain NASTY. I had a friend with a regular C5 vette on a 125 shot and it would absolutely fly! With the Hoosiers, and spraying it early in the run, you should have no problem running in the 10s in my estimation.
Thanks Steve, I love this car even more than I originally though I would, lol. Your Shelby is looking bad *** btw!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:29 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

I had my Long tubes installed last weekend. They sound amazing! I will try to get a video up later. They also cleaned up the engine bay quite a big by removing all the EGR stuff and replacing the stock manifolds with some nice looking headers.

Then yesterday I removed my ignition coils to clean my valve covers. Then I painted the coils red with my brake caliper paint and painted the coil brackets metallic silver. I think it came out pretty good.

Before:

After:

Today or tomorrow I will probably remove the intake manifold and paint that metallic silver as well. I haven't decided if I like the red wire covers yet. I'm considering replacing them with stainless covers to match the nitrous lines. Any thoughts?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

I got a short video of my exhaust at idle this morning. It is a subtle rumble at idle and isn't too loud to drive around town, but at WOT absolutely screams. Amazing sound at WOT, I hope I will be able to get a video of that sometime. Hope you guys enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYTaaMjpQr4

Quick Reply: Stig's Official Z06 Thread