Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

okay i finally got everything on my car at the same time, tell me what you think

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:42 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Default RE: okay i finally got everything on my car at the same time, tell me what you think

That's one of the best lookin v6s i have seen buddy, great work!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:43 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Default RE: okay i finally got everything on my car at the same time, tell me what you think

I am kinda a little biased about the hood but everything else is awesome
Old 02-17-2008, 01:18 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

ur car looks good dont listen the a lancer...
Old 02-17-2008, 03:17 PM
maxersloan
2nd Gear Member

yeah i agree with that suggestion... i really wish i would've gone wider but oh well... as far as the auto v6 comment, doesn't bother me... im dont race or anything like that so im not about to pay extra for gas and insurance on a v8... but yeah thanks for all the feedback!
Old 02-17-2008, 03:26 PM
haromaster87
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, its all good though. I think if you ever get some wider tires it'll widen the stance out and lower the look of the car and the hood will fit right in.
ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

ORIGINAL: DuFFMaNN

its a auto v6......
Mustang v6: 190hp
Mitsubishi Lancer: 120hp

6-cyl > 4-cyl
haha my thoughts exactly. My friend has a v6 mustang that he turned into a Fobra, and they move pretty damn good.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Nice stang. The hood may be different, but it looks beefy. Is it funtional with the inlets. Keep up the good work maxersloan.Keep us posted on any new mods.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:16 PM
07 Shelby GT
2nd Gear Member

Looks good to me. Have you thought about a chin spoiler? Smooth ride!!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:46 PM
DuFFMaNN
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: haromaster87

its a auto v6......
Way to be a dick about it. Just because it doesn't have a V8 and a 5spd doesn't mean it's not a stang. Geez As for your car bro, it's awesome! The rims and the hood definatelly work better together. Don't listen to people like that, theres nothin wrong with sixxers. It's prolly plenty quick for you and it looks nice! And your already +1 upping most of us by bein able to drive somewhere without spending 3/4 of the drive filling up. lol Only thing I would say is look into some slightly wider tires. Those don't seem to fill the rim up quite all the way. Some 275's on the back of that thing would set everything off so much and make it look so much more agressive! The current tires don't quite fill out on the car, they look sorta small. lol Still a killer stang though!
Unless its a classic with an inline six, yes it does.

As far as the comments about it being better than a lancer....

1. Gas getter, with no visual mods to make it look like a race car.

2. I would not trade my car, even though I personally don't like it, for a brand new v6 "mustang". Well unless I could sell it without ever having to drive it.

But to each their own I guess...
Old 02-18-2008, 12:05 AM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: haromaster87

its a auto v6......
Way to be a dick about it. Just because it doesn't have a V8 and a 5spd doesn't mean it's not a stang. Geez As for your car bro, it's awesome! The rims and the hood definatelly work better together. Don't listen to people like that, theres nothin wrong with sixxers. It's prolly plenty quick for you and it looks nice! And your already +1 upping most of us by bein able to drive somewhere without spending 3/4 of the drive filling up. lol Only thing I would say is look into some slightly wider tires. Those don't seem to fill the rim up quite all the way. Some 275's on the back of that thing would set everything off so much and make it look so much more agressive! The current tires don't quite fill out on the car, they look sorta small. lol Still a killer stang though!
Unless its a classic with an inline six, yes it does.

As far as the comments about it being better than a lancer....

1. Gas getter, with no visual mods to make it look like a race car.

2. I would not trade my car, even though I personally don't like it, for a brand new v6 "mustang". Well unless I could sell it without ever having to drive it.

But to each their own I guess...
im sorry, but i like to take every chance i get to point out to people that any car with a pony (or mustang written on it somewhere, for the fox body guys) from the factory, is still a mustang. i dont care what you drive, im sick of people saying "v6's arent mustangs" and same goes with any other mustang that people say arent one. i dont defend it because i do own one, because i would if i never did, and will when i dont. it just gets old when people that own v8 mustangs, and people that dont even own a mustang are out there claiming that v8 mustangs are the only mustang. go make that claim to people that manufacture and design the cars, and see how nice of a chuckle they get at your expense.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:38 AM
maxersloan
2nd Gear Member

1. no the hood isn't functional =(
2. i thought about a chin spoiler but i dont like the way they look... but i agree with the overall suggestion of adding something to the lower body to compliment the 'beefy' hood (a body kit or different bumpers or something)... i ordered a body kit but then found out that it was gonna cost me over 4 grand to have it painted/installed so i sold it
3. duffman: suck a dick
4. the guy whose name i cant read: amen!

Quick Reply: okay i finally got everything on my car at the same time, tell me what you think