Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

GhostHorse (as taken by my 10 yr old)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Wink GhostHorse 91 5.0 LX convertible (2 more pix added)

I've not had time or energy to take a full portfolio of 'after' shots, but we were entered in a car show yesterday in the Modified 88 and up Cars class (I still sulk about being beat by a 94 Pontiac Sunfire with a stock 4 banger that had Wal Mart exhaust tips so it sounded remarkably like a souped up go-kart with a lawn mower engine, a WalMart boom tube, and cheap seat covers... not to mention a primered hood *Who cares if it was carbon fiber? It was STILL PRIMER BLACK and unfinished* and a HUGE stick-on Dragon decal that was starting to peel at the edges - more on that later if anyone is intrigued). Even the hosts of the show were buffaloed when we didn't even place, thanks to a car club getting to judge its own member, but hey. REAL confidence is knowing your car is bada*& even when you lose...

Still, I felt the need to rack off the pipes (I looove my MAC catbacks) and blast So What by Pink as my daughter and I left the show... (I think Fake It by Seether would have also been appropriate for the moment *EG*)

I'll add full 'after' pix later today, after my husband gets through mowing *So its safe to pull 'er out of the garage and not have rocks slung into the paint and a layer of blown grass and dirt smothering the paint and interior*.

Edit: Full 'after' pix are up in my photo album. Feel free to ask questions, make suggestions, or leave comments. *G*

Here are the two shots my girl took while roaming the show with our digicam:

Let me add a couple more... but they're not the full side view:

Last edited by Batenswytch; 09-08-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Jordan123
2nd Gear Member

that crazy looking i like it
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
SSFenris
2nd Gear Member

sick. Just plain sick... Airbrush or decal?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:47 PM
2000Stanglover
2nd Gear Member

I bet that is airbrush. But thats a nice *** paint job u got there.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 AM
steve0516
1st Gear Member

That looks awesome. Any chance we can get a picture of the whole car to see how it looks from far?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM
alexr
★★★★★

theres not too many airbrushed graphics that i would think looks cool on anything other than an old hot rod, but that looks pretty sweet.

it wouldnt have looked nearly as good if it wasnt as subtle, with the ghost effect.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Wink Danke

Thanx for the compliments! It's airbrush, all the way, and free-hand at that. David Tidwell is the artist, and more of his works can be seen at DallasAirbrush.com If you go look, there's a Chevy Dually there, green with skulls and skeletons on the passenger side, and something like a ghost ship/jelly fish, ghost skull in dark blues on the driver's side. That truck is my little brother's and was done by Dave as well.

Many of the cars and motorcycles, helmets, etc, on his site were painted in my brother's body shop in Atoka, Oklahoma. There's a black chevy ext cab with green flames on the nose - it belongs to a good friend of mine's 17 yr old son.

I've got a full album up in the Photo Gallery here on the GH, and added some of it's history in the captions, but I didn't get a full-on side shot of it... just a 3/4 - Husband was mowing and waving me off to park her back in the garage before the dust settled in and on her.

But yeah, no stick-on decal here, all hand-painted. That's why I was so indignant about the Sunfire that beat us in the show, it had a HUGE peel n stick silver dragon decal on the sides that was showing brush marks from being washed at the car wash and was starting to peel at the edges. Nothing against decals, when done correctly, but that one was. not. done correctly. (Do y'get the sense I'm still irked by that?) We were robbed.

And I totally agree on the subtle thing. I wouldn't have looked as good had it not been ghosted out. I didn't want it 70's van mural bright... I wanted people to have to do a double take to see it. The paint has some color change to it or something, because it fades at some angles and shimmers weird... sometimes it almost fades completely out. Most folks just assume its all flames and smoke until something catches their eye, usually the ribs or teeth. The base coat too looks different shades of gray at different angles and in different light, even though its a stock Ford color, Dark Shadow Gray. My brother says it has a 'flop' agent in it, which causes that 'shadow' effect in the base coat.

Last edited by Batenswytch; 09-08-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Nice!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
1999mustang2000
5th Gear Member

sick...straight sick
Old 09-10-2008, 10:22 AM
MustangD
2nd Gear Member

Love it, that is sick!

Quick Reply: GhostHorse (as taken by my 10 yr old)