Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

MADE IT INTO 5.0 Mustangs and super fords june issue!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:16 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Default MADE IT INTO 5.0 Mustangs and super fords june issue!

just got a heads up from someone on another forum that my car made it to the Showcase section of the June issue! pg 154 first car on top. I haven't seen it yet so he might be lying but i hope he's not. i sent those pics in around october i think so i don't know what they wrote. I had just sent them an update on the 11.45 pass and future plans for the car yesterday too... maybe i'll shoot for a feature in another magazine in the future!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
MrSonic
1st Gear Member

your car is sick like a diseased Ethiopian congrats
Old 04-09-2009, 03:12 PM
dodger5
1st Gear Member

cant wait to get the issue.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:15 PM
AutoPartsCorp
Banned

congrats your car is sick and it is deserved
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

thanks guys. i'm about to go out and look for the magazine so i can actually read what it says. he sent me a quick photo but the words were blurred and i wasn't able to read it.

i busted up laughing in class a while ago when i read the sick like a diseased ethiopian comment from my blackberry haha
Old 04-09-2009, 05:16 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

dude i saw it in there yesterday and i was wondering if you knew. congrats man
Old 04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Well on my way back home from class I made SEVEN stops looking for the magazine and nobody had the damn thing. Can someone please take a picture up close where I can read what it says I'd REALLY appreciate it!
Old 04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Default mikeysGT in June's issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine

Just found out earlier today the car made it to the Showcase section on pg 154 of June's issue of 5.0 Mustangs! I was at school when someone from another forum sent me a pm with the news. I asked him if he could send me a picture of it to hold me over until i got out of school and he did BUT it was too small for me to read the paragraph on it. I got out of school and stopped by 8 stores trying to find the issue and NONE of them had it....

I don't even remember what i wrote to them way back in october. i just updated the profile on the website and told them about the 11.46 pass hoping to catch their interest yesterday. i am really interested in knowing what they wrote about the car so if anyone has the issue can you PLEASE take a close up pic of the article for me so i can at least read it before i buy the issue tomorrow once i find it????

and just to keep this tech related.... what ONE thing do you think i can do to the car to land a bigger spot in another magazine? i heard magazines hate all black cars due to not being able to take good pictures of it. Do you think maybe throwing some colored stripes down the center will help it stand out a little more? maybe yellow?
Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
antonio1988
4th Gear Member

mikey, keep it all black. What you're doing in that car is amazing and I have no doubts you will be making ten second passes in your show quality car. Believe me, if you keep it up more mags will come. And please dont put stripes on the car, I really like it like that. I also have a blacked out GT and mine is automatic too like yours lol
Old 04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

^5

Congrats, man! Sweet!

IMO, a set of black wheels with some chrome or cast trim. Just a touch of bling...

Quick Reply: MADE IT INTO 5.0 Mustangs and super fords june issue!