Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

My First Stang

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:34 PM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

The dealer badge went earlier today.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 PM
NemesisStang08
1st Gear Member

yay!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

I'll have to take some new high res pics tomorrow because when I resized the ones I already posted to upload to Photobucket, I shrunk them way down. I couldn't get my magic wand tool to work just right with the images I have, but here's what I came up with so far. If any Photoshop gurus are present, feel free to give it a shot. I only have one requirement. Any paint work must at least cover what stripes are already there. I'm unsure of the condition of the paint under the stripes, so I just want to play it safe and plan on covering at least the same area.

That last one is just me messing around. I don't care for the stock wheels and will most likely go with something completely different.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
NemesisStang08
1st Gear Member

actually....those stock wheels in black i think look sick for ur color car....as far as the stripes go, i think i like the first one better
Old 05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

The first one would be the easiest one because it follows the outline of the stripe thats already there.

After Photoshopping the wheels black, they don't look too bad. However, the backspacing leaves something to be desired. I'd like something that would bring the tires out a little more.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:55 AM
NemesisStang08
1st Gear Member

true that.....i see what u mean. But i think the color black is the way to go
Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

I'm definitely leaning toward black WITHOUT a polished bead. I don't have anything against a polished bead... I've had them on other vehicles, but I like the idea of just black and green with no chrome. When I get new tips for the exhaust, I'm going with gloss black. My local muffler shop keeps them in stock. That will only leave one piece of chrome on the car... grille. I'll need to figure out something to do with it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 AM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

Black wheels - Absolutely looks good.

The stripes, however...I personally would remove them. I think long stripes on that era Mustang tend to "shrink" the car and "dirty" it up. If you do decide to keep the stripes, the black looks much better...just be sure to go with black wheels. That looks sick.

Some Goo-Gone will remove your residue.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

Do any of you guys know what combination of buttons I need to hold down to set the clock on the factory radio? I've tried about everything but I'm sure its easy and I'll end up looking stupid before its all over with, lol.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
X6StringerX
1st Gear Member

I've Photoshopped a couple more ideas. The hood is the area that concerns me when it comes to removing the stripe. If I were to get a cowl induction hood... problem solved. In doing so, I would either go with no stripe at all or if by some chance the side stripes leave behind discolored paint, I would go with this second choice. Neither have the cowl induction hood, so you'll have to picture that in your head, lol.

I could also use opinions on louvers... I'm thinking they might look good if I go all green/black with no chrome.

Quick Reply: My First Stang