Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Some new photos of my ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 12:58 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Default Some new photos of my ride

Update: I repainted side mirrors black(probably the only person going back to black mirrors. Haha), painted chrome fog rings black, painted faux gas cap indents, installed black Shelby window covers.

I decided to go out and take some new photos of my ride in a different location rather than in my driveway as I've always done. My driveway is on a slope so it doesn't show the stance of my ride very well. I've painted my chrome taillight bezels to flat black and my wheel center caps gloss black and also my antenna which used to be chrome. I think the wheels look even better now with black caps. I'm thinking of painting the faux gas cap black but can't decide whether to go with flat or gloss. Flat would match the bezels and blackout panel but then glosss would add a bit of contrast. What should I do? Or maybe I should leave it alone? Well, here's some pics!

Last edited by 2007CalSpec; 09-05-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

Looks good bro!!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:16 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

That looks really clean bro. Very nice.

Love the halo's, whered you get them, how much, how was the install?
Old 05-23-2009, 02:22 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

Paint the trunk emblem flat black. Would look sick IMO. Quick question, is the converter for your headlights on the outside or inside? My passenger side halo burnt out, and I want to fix it, but I'm worried that if I heat up the housing, it will damage the converter.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bronxbomba63
Paint the trunk emblem flat black. Would look sick IMO. Quick question, is the converter for your headlights on the outside or inside? My passenger side halo burnt out, and I want to fix it, but I'm worried that if I heat up the housing, it will damage the converter.
agreed, flat black would be sick. you should tint your windows too

but it looks so awesome already
Old 05-23-2009, 03:22 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtcanbrwnd04u
That looks really clean bro. Very nice.

Love the halo's, whered you get them, how much, how was the install?
I purchased the halo fogs and headlights on Ebay. Can't remember exactly how much but I'm thinking the fogs were around 100 and the headlights were around 150. Install was pretty easy once you get the grill or bumper off. It's just two wires from each halo to the parking lamp. I have a write up on here somewhere.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:33 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bronxbomba63
The inverter for the headlight halo is inside the housing. If your inverter is the culprit then you shouldn't worry about damaging it via heating. I would first check the wiring on the outside of the headlight housing that goes to the parking lamps. Moisture could've gotten inside the connection point at the parking lamps if you didn't seal it good enough. I learned that the hard way even though I soldered the connection but only used electrical tape to wrap it. If you're sure that the connection to the parking lamps is good and dry then chances are it's the inverter. The halo rings themselves are usually the last to go but that's rare. It's almost always the inverter or a bad connection.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:35 PM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMoRT
agreed, flat black would be sick. you should tint your windows too

but it looks so awesome already
Thanks! I guess it'll be flat black then. I'll paint it this weekend.
Tinting the windows is coming soon.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:59 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

your car looks sweet!
Old 05-23-2009, 04:00 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I kinda of like the rear gas cap the way it is.....ties into your chrome wheels well.

Quick Reply: Some new photos of my ride