Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

First real shoot.. (new mods + new camera + parking garage roof = perfect!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 12:47 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Nice shots! Torch Red FTW - it really does pop
Old 06-19-2009, 01:02 PM
MuscratGT99
1st Gear Member

Nice set! The only thing I would have done differently is desaturate the blue channel on the car. But thats being nit-picky
Old 06-19-2009, 02:42 PM
soccerman002
2nd Gear Member

That red looks awesome against the blue sky, nice shots.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:46 PM
blackGTcp
4th Gear Member

Rims are hottttt
Old 06-20-2009, 11:03 AM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MuscratGT99
Nice set! The only thing I would have done differently is desaturate the blue channel on the car. But thats being nit-picky
Yeah I think I tried a bit, but it was strange how it "fused" with the pictures - I had JUST waxed it, and the blue sky was pretty harsh on the flat surfaces of the car.. once I get the hood on I'll do another one earlier / later in the day, BUT then the red doesn't quite look the same either, so who knows =) The D300 does have considerably more saturation than my D200, I'm not against it, but still getting used to it a bit. I had the D-Lighting (preserves highlight detail in extreme situations) so if anything's blown-out, it's because I screwed up in PS.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Try color-correcting for the yellow cast.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:45 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Car and pics look great and I am not a expert in taking pics to say the least. I was told that taking pics 15 mins before dusk or 15 mins after sunrise are the best times to get pics of cars.....maybe it was for black ones?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:32 AM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

looks very nice

too bad its such a low visability color :snark:
Old 06-21-2009, 10:32 AM
TorchedGT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dagamore
looks very nice

too bad its such a low visibility color :snark:
Haha, hey that can sometimes be a VERY good thing! I'm pretty sure this color saved some guy's life the other day - I was following a black BMW 335 Convertible through a left turn light off of the3-lane each direction road we had been on, the opposite side was at a lower elevation, so to make a left turn you kinda drive down over the opposite 3 lanes.. well the BMW gets across the first opposite lane when I glance over and see a car FLYING at us, probably ~45mph still, front bumper on the ground with all his brakes locked up... he slid to within a foot of the BMW's pass door. I couldn't even flinch a muscle for what seemed like an eternity haha.. but that guy had obviously not been looking at anything, and I'm convinced he saw the torch red waaaay before he saw a black convertible with the top down. If he was only a foot off of the guy's door, that extra fraction of a second probably prevented a collision.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
MuscratGT99
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TorchedGT
Yeah I think I tried a bit, but it was strange how it "fused" with the pictures - I had JUST waxed it, and the blue sky was pretty harsh on the flat surfaces of the car.. once I get the hood on I'll do another one earlier / later in the day, BUT then the red doesn't quite look the same either, so who knows =) The D300 does have considerably more saturation than my D200, I'm not against it, but still getting used to it a bit. I had the D-Lighting (preserves highlight detail in extreme situations) so if anything's blown-out, it's because I screwed up in PS.
Yeah I understand, I'm shooting with a D90 and it shares the sensor with the D300 if I remember correctly, definitely creates some interesting colors.

Quick Reply: First real shoot.. (new mods + new camera + parking garage roof = perfect!)