Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Decided to do a night shoot (6 shots)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Talking Decided to do a night shoot (6 shots)

Well I took some quick crappy shots to show when I first got here a few days ago, but I figured tonight I would try to take some quality ones after seeing everyone else's. The camera is a Cannon powershot A720 IS with no lens attachment. The car, my 98 GT daily driver/street sleeper project Ive named Rice Hunter. Any comments or criticism are welcome (yes I know its dirty already) I am looking for new wheels and any suggestions would be appreciated along with any other body improvements.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 PM
NJShelby120
2nd Gear Member

nice man.. but id say you need some kind of suspension mod.... springs/coils front/rear bars...... wheels are a start too.. just imo...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:14 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Nice! Did you use a flash on these?

Just a little photography tip... I'm no pro, but find out how to slow down the shutter speed on your camera. You probably have a mode on your camera that's called "Night Scene" or something of that nature that will automatically slow it down for you. It takes in more light for night pictures without using the flash. You will need a tripod or something to sit the camera on though so it doesn't blur, but the effects are stunning. Especially if you park the car kind of close to an overhead light in a parking lot.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 AM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NJShelby120
nice man.. but id say you need some kind of suspension mod.... springs/coils front/rear bars...... wheels are a start too.. just imo...
I was looking into front/rear sway bars, and either going IRS for the rear or just rebuilding with a locker, 3.73's and 31 spline with control arms. I might go coil over fronts, or just stiffer springs all around, but I dont want to drop it any outta fear of the exhaust. Its still a work in progress, probably take a few years till she's done. Any suggestions on wheels? Im looking about 18in max, and want to do a 9 front, 10 rear stagger.

Black, I did use the night scene setting, it still has a flash but not as intense. I know what your talking about with the shutter/exposure, but I dont have a tripod right now. I tried a few shots like that, but they all came out horrible due to a last moment twitch. I'll try to get some day shots if I can find a decent spot, now to think of it, theres some docks about a few miles away.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
NJShelby120
2nd Gear Member

sounds good... i say get the stance u want first then upgrade from there with the sways and those goods. in my experiance springs get the job done and usally have a nicer ride then coilovers.... unless u want that go cart feel. 18's r good enough for the street as well... gl with the build bro
Old 07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
05pnygt
4th Gear Member

nice ride...