Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

Car show etiquette question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:13 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Misbehavin
Is there a class for your car? If so, there shouldn't be a problem. Usually if they mind, they exclude what they don't want in regards to a class. If you're still unsure, there should be contact information for the show. So use that and find out.
Nah your fine, as long as you don't take your car to an import car show or something.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 AM
sinister99GT
2nd Gear Member

take it , i put my 99 in shows all the time , ford shows and open shows and do quite well. go and have fun!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Not trying to beat a dead horse w/ the overwhelming number who have said: "Take It" but might as well unless its for a specific era / generation of car show. (such as Back to the 50's which takes annually in St. Paul- MN)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Kazi

Originally Posted by sonicx
Not trying to beat a dead horse w/ the overwhelming number who have said: "Take It" but might as well unless its for a specific era / generation of car show. (such as Back to the 50's which takes annually in St. Paul- MN)
Agreed. As long as it's not year specific, go.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Car shows are my hobby. I've put them on, and attended.

First of all, make sure their show is open to late model cars. Some only accept 73 and under. If they're okay with it, then take it, enter it into the Modern Muscle class, if they have one. Doesn't matter what you have under the hood, really. That type of class is usually for the 2005 and up type cars, new Camaros, Challengers, even some Chargers, etc. Otherwise, there should be a class for Mustangs specifically. If you've done any mods to it, anything at all, you can enter it in a late model 'Modified Car' class, which is not make and model specific and that's where I usually put my two. I love 'em, but I know they can't hang with the type of Mustangs that usually get entered in the Mustang specific classes, ie, 67 Shelbys, Boss 302's, etc.

Srsly though, just go if the organizers are okay with it, enter, and enjoy being there. Some of those shows, the parking alone is almost as much as entry fees, and if you go just wanting to be a part of it, then there's nothing better than paying a little more and being in and amongst it all?
Old 07-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Twstones
2nd Gear Member

I entered my v-6 rag top in the DACC (Danville Area Community College) car show this spring and won a trophy. It was too cool. Now I know it was a smaller local show, but it was still really fun, and I met a lot of nice people. I've been to some bigger shows since, but didn't enter. I know I'm not ready to run with the big dogs, and the trailer queens....
Old 07-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Went to a couple car shows last year and plan on competing in some next year. Not really worried about winning but just meeting people maybe answer a question or two..
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I say take it just like everyone else has said! To be honest there will most likely be tons of old restored cars which are amazing to see, but IMO it's really nice to see some fresh meat instead of the same 'ole stuff that's "expected" to be seen at a show.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:37 PM
PSU Ben

Since this thread is still alive I thought I'd post back - the original show I posted about was restrictive to late model cars, but my place of work actually had a car show last week to promote the year's safety slogan. There were only about 20 cars, but in a sea of 60's model Chevy muscle cars and 2 new Camaro's a 1966 Mustang took best of show. My 2010? 3rd place (it was pretty much a popularity contest but I'll take it!)

The winner:

Mine:

Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Nice, your car's real pretty. WTF is that to the left of yours though? Looks atrocious

Quick Reply: Car show etiquette question