Members Rides and Car Show Section This section is for requests for photos of certain models or modifications, as well as car shows and events. Please read the rules before posting!

What happens when two sexy Mustangs get together

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
My pictures were from a Nikon D60, some with a 55mm zoom and some with a 55-250mm zoom. He was using a Cannon T4 I believe? No filters though.

And thank you
Good camera bodies all the way around. D60 is a great all around camera and takes some pretty awesome shots.. And the Cannon Ti series, one of my favorites, I love my Ti cameras.... Try some filters next time, the first time I started using them I was amazed how much easier it was to edit.. My girl is a huge Nikkon nut and I'm a Cannon fan, ha.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04DSGB
I would like to go to some shows and meet some fellow mustang owners. Do you guys have anything planned in the near future?
I haven't talked to Dillon (bigD1515) about it yet but the show in Dawsonville at the Moonshine Festival we might go to. I will at least, my girl wants to go so I'll probably put my car up for display. Lol. But other than that, nothing set really. There is a Mustang Club around your area though I believe actually.

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Good camera bodies all the way around. D60 is a great all around camera and takes some pretty awesome shots.. And the Cannon Ti series, one of my favorites, I love my Ti cameras.... Try some filters next time, the first time I started using them I was amazed how much easier it was to edit.. My girl is a huge Nikkon nut and I'm a Cannon fan, ha.
Yeah I gotcha. They both really seem to do well, he was having issues with his not picking up the light well enough at times. But mine did the same, I just took enough pictures to have more that turned out well.

I liked his camera, it had lots of options and you could pick where the focus was without having to have it centered. Pretty cool if you ask me. Haha.

Idk if he has any filters. I think my mom has some filters, it's her camera that I use for these things. I'm thinking of getting into photography though so I might be looking for a camera of my own soon.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:38 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Yeah I gotcha. They both really seem to do well, he was having issues with his not picking up the light well enough at times. But mine did the same, I just took enough pictures to have more that turned out well.

I liked his camera, it had lots of options and you could pick where the focus was without having to have it centered. Pretty cool if you ask me. Haha.

Idk if he has any filters. I think my mom has some filters, it's her camera that I use for these things. I'm thinking of getting into photography though so I might be looking for a camera of my own soon.
Ha, yeah Canon's are extremely notorious for underexposing. I usually compensate one stop up on the exposure before any shot without artifical lighting..

Yeah the new T4i has a lot of options.. and is a great medium level camera that is easy to use. I would recommend that to any person wanting to get into the hobby. The 60D is grea too though, I've just been a Canon person for awhile and IMO you can't beat the lens options. I've been doing photography for about 7-8 years or so, so if you have any questions I'll be glad to help..
Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
04DSGB
2nd Gear Member

I haven't talked to Dillon (bigD1515) about it yet but the show in Dawsonville at the Moonshine Festival we might go to. I will at least, my girl wants to go so I'll probably put my car up for display. Lol. But other than that, nothing set really. There is a Mustang Club around your area though I believe actually.
Cool I plan on attending the Moonshine Festival with my wife and son so maybe we will meet there. You are right about the Northeast GA Mustang Club being around this area but I am not active with them.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 PM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

awsome pics!!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

I've been doing photography for about 7-8 years or so, so if you have any questions I'll be glad to help..
That would actually be awesome. Mine is a T2i but I'm thinking of selling it and getting a T4i. Does the lens filter you were talking about help with more HDR type shots? When you learned your photography did you watch videos and guides or just trial and error just taking pictures yourself?

Originally Posted by 04DSGB
Cool I plan on attending the Moonshine Festival with my wife and son so maybe we will meet there. You are right about the Northeast GA Mustang Club being around this area but I am not active with them.
Yeah that would be cool! Definitely check into that club thought. Drive ins and stuff would be cool!

Originally Posted by TommyB681
awsome pics!!
Thanks! We appreciate it.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigD1515
That would actually be awesome. Mine is a T2i but I'm thinking of selling it and getting a T4i. Does the lens filter you were talking about help with more HDR type shots? When you learned your photography did you watch videos and guides or just trial and error just taking pictures yourself?
The T2i is just as great.. The T4i has a few more upgrades on it but I would recommend staying with the T2i until you're really ready to step into a pricey full frame...

Different lenses do different things. Mainly for outdoor shots using a UV lens filter (or polarized filter) will really help get rid of that "wash" that you see in some pics from sunlight (where everything kinda has bland colors). It will make the trees colors seem more colorful is the best way to put it, ha. It's the same thing as putting on polarized sun glasses out in the sun, it cuts the glare and lets you see colors better. There are different filters for different situations..

Doing HDR is really just knowing how to use photoshop (or other HDR software). My sig is an example of a poorly done HDR image (it was done in the rain and in about 10 minutes, ha).. You take one underexposed, one normal, and one over exposed and blend them and adjust the colors, highlights, shadows, and contrasts..

As far as learning, it started off as just a hobby at first. Messing around with film cameras when I was younger. I enjoyed taking pictures a lot with my first point and shoot after that. Then I got my first DSLR about 7 years ago or so. Once I started using it I started reading stuff online, I read the entire users manual cover to cover. Started reading photography books, and then eventually started taking photos more seriously as opposed to just a hobby. I started a photography business about 3-4 years ago and mainly do weddings and events. I still do landscapes as a hobby though. I still have a lot to learn, you can never stop learning. The best photographers are experts at photoshop, and that alone took me about a year to nail down.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:14 PM
bigD1515
3rd Gear Member

The T2i is just as great.. The T4i has a few more upgrades on it but I would recommend staying with the T2i until you're really ready to step into a pricey full frame...

Different lenses do different things. Mainly for outdoor shots using a UV lens filter (or polarized filter) will really help get rid of that "wash" that you see in some pics from sunlight (where everything kinda has bland colors). It will make the trees colors seem more colorful is the best way to put it, ha. It's the same thing as putting on polarized sun glasses out in the sun, it cuts the glare and lets you see colors better. There are different filters for different situations..

Doing HDR is really just knowing how to use photoshop (or other HDR software). My sig is an example of a poorly done HDR image (it was done in the rain and in about 10 minutes, ha).. You take one underexposed, one normal, and one over exposed and blend them and adjust the colors, highlights, shadows, and contrasts..

As far as learning, it started off as just a hobby at first. Messing around with film cameras when I was younger. I enjoyed taking pictures a lot with my first point and shoot after that. Then I got my first DSLR about 7 years ago or so. Once I started using it I started reading stuff online, I read the entire users manual cover to cover. Started reading photography books, and then eventually started taking photos more seriously as opposed to just a hobby. I started a photography business about 3-4 years ago and mainly do weddings and events. I still do landscapes as a hobby though. I still have a lot to learn, you can never stop learning. The best photographers are experts at photoshop, and that alone took me about a year to nail down.
Wow such great information! I'm pretty good with photoshop. Did more photoshop stuff before I even had a camera. So that's not too much of a problem. But I'm definitely going to look into a filter since new lenses are just crazy expensive sometimes! Thanks xD
Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

cars and pictures look great guys!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigD1515
Wow such great information! I'm pretty good with photoshop. Did more photoshop stuff before I even had a camera. So that's not too much of a problem. But I'm definitely going to look into a filter since new lenses are just crazy expensive sometimes! Thanks xD
Ha, yeah a good lens is pricey.. I have a couple L lenses that ran around 1200+ a pop.. But they take amazing looking shots with perfect focus and clarity..

Quick Reply: What happens when two sexy Mustangs get together