MOCSEM (Mustang Owners Club Of Southeastern Michigan)

New DD... helping keep Ford alive.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 PM
JimC

Looks good Jack. I almost bought one of the Fusions for my wife when I bought her the Focus to replace her old Focus. To get what she wanted on it though (primarily heated seats) I had to load it up with more than I wanted so she got the Focus again.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Looks good Jack. I almost bought one of the Fusions for my wife when I bought her the Focus to replace her old Focus. To get what she wanted on it though (primarily heated seats) I had to load it up with more than I wanted so she got the Focus again.
I wanted the Navigation system so I had to get a huge electronics package that I didn't want originally. But I found this car and it has everything and it was the color my wife wanted and the SportAWD package that I wanted so I bit the bullet and got it. Actually I love all the extra goodies but I still have a lot of learning before a master everything.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:56 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Congrats Jack that is an awesome car. I have been searching for a new DD too and the Fusion it is......I love the sport pkg.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:19 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Congrats Jack that is an awesome car. I have been searching for a new DD too and the Fusion it is......I love the sport pkg.
I highly recommend it. With 263 HP its got decent power. The ride is very smooth and the handling is great with its sport suspension. I was hoping for the Fusion GT with the ecoboost engine, but its not available yet I guess. But for a DD its a great performer and looks good too.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Green '92
1st Gear Member

If you have any problems with the Nav system or SYNC, could you please let me know? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Green '92
If you have any problems with the Nav system or SYNC, could you please let me know? Thanks.
Why did you want to know?

As a matter of fact I am having trouble with my bluetooth phones phonebook showing the correct entries. It will show a person's home phone but not their cell phone. Or the cell but not the home. It will not show both. Or it won't show everyone that's in my phone's phonebook. I don't know why.

I did have a problem entering destinations in the Nav system in the begining. I'd start entering an address by typing a number or two and then the numbers grayed out and it wouldn't let me enter the rest of them. The same with the street name, it would let me enter 2 or 3 letters and then would gray out the rest of the letters I needed. But since then I have been able to enter complete info, so again I don't know why that happened.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:27 PM
JimC

Jack -- not only a new DD but you have joined the cell phone owner club as well?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Green '92
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
Why did you want to know?

As a matter of fact I am having trouble with my bluetooth phones phonebook showing the correct entries. It will show a person's home phone but not their cell phone. Or the cell but not the home. It will not show both. Or it won't show everyone that's in my phone's phonebook. I don't know why.

I did have a problem entering destinations in the Nav system in the begining. I'd start entering an address by typing a number or two and then the numbers grayed out and it wouldn't let me enter the rest of them. The same with the street name, it would let me enter 2 or 3 letters and then would gray out the rest of the letters I needed. But since then I have been able to enter complete info, so again I don't know why that happened.
It is one of the MANY things I test at work. I will see what I can find about your issues.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 AM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Jack
Erik-green92 works for Ford/roush and test new cars. He maybe able to help with any problems you or anyone else has
Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Green '92
It is one of the MANY things I test at work. I will see what I can find about your issues.
Hey Eric, thanks, I appreciate that. I'm with T-Mobile and have a Samsung Stripe cell phone if that matters.

Quick Reply: New DD... helping keep Ford alive.