Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Car & Driver Ford Falcon article

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

Default RE: Car & Driver Ford Falcon article

ORIGINAL: 04Mach1DD

umm... yes, the new falcon body style has been copied from the GTO. (not four door). the thing i love about them is, theres soo many different models, v6, 2 boss engines, and the turbo. thats why australia is selling cars
you're thinking about the holden monaro, wich is the australian version of the pontiac GTO. the ford falcon doesn't have anything to do with pontiac, in fact they are rivals, much like the camaro and mustangs in north america.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:01 AM
Punisher302

that falcon is sweet!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:41 AM
kennebell92conv
4th Gear Member

i like the falcon nice car
Old 06-06-2006, 08:34 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Daaamn. I just took the time to watch all the above videos..................somebody get me a number for FPV in Australia. I've just found the replacement for my current daily driver.[8D]
Old 06-07-2006, 02:02 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

How would importing one of those work. I heard somewhere that guys in Australia looking to import Mustangs and the such have them stripped down, then changed to a truck looking thingy and then when they get them over there they restore the thing back to a Mustang. Seems like too much work for me, but I'm no genius in how they do this or why. I just recall hearing that somewhere.

But yeah I saw that I and thought, "And they give us the Fusion" ugh. You'd have all your bases covered then, basically you got yourself an American rival to the now 4 door Charger it would seem. The Falcon looks like it would be a nice family car being four door and mid sized.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:11 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

When you import a mustang to Australia from North America, you have to have a right hand drive conversion done on it. Only cars that are registered as classics are allowed to stay left hand drive on the roads of Australia. And trust me, a RHD conversion isn't cheap......on top of the fact that importing a new mustang to the land down under isn't inexpensive either. I talked to a guy from down there who imported an 05 GT and he ended up paying 65K U.S. to get the car over there and have it converted to RHD. I was like, wow.
I'm not sure how much it would cost us to import a Falcon to our shores, but I'm sure it would cost a pretty good penny. Then you'd have to deal with the fact that the steering wheel and driver pedals are on the right side of the car. [&:]
Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Dirtysouthstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147
I'm not sure how much it would cost us to import a Falcon to our shores, but I'm sure it would cost a pretty good penny. Then you'd have to deal with the fact that the steering wheel and driver pedals are on the right side of the car. [&:]
where the pedals and the steering wheel is doesnt matter. it would be hard to pass the emissions test and how the gov. would register the car.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:45 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dirtysouthstang

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147
where the pedals and the steering wheel is doesnt matter. it would be hard to pass the emissions test and how the gov. would register the car.
Apparently they can pass emissions....or be modified to do so. I've already talked to a couple of ppl over the net that have imported GT-P's from Australia to the States. I don't recall everything that was involved in doing so, only that it was pretty expensive to do.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:12 AM
stangstrong

the ford falcon and the Ute are both amazing vehicals and should truely be brought into north america because the falcon will compete directly against the charger now that its four door and chev is producing prototypes of a new elcamino so if ford did it by 08 they should stand a chance on the market.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
V8M2000

The thing that I don't understand is that ford will put a 5.4 liter in that four door pos but the wont in the mustang. The 4.6 liter works but a 5.4 liter would give the mustang a stronger running with the f-body.

Quick Reply: Car & Driver Ford Falcon article