Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

new camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 11:20 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new camaro

ORIGINAL: 05MidBlueGT

Yeah, but his point is our '06GT is still slower then the old '98 LS1. Sad.
True, but we both bought one didn't we? [sm=smiley36.gif]
I'm not too broken up about the stock power output, or lack thereof. I will go about increasing that hp in my own way as many other 05/06 owners will also. It's become something of the mustang culture since 94 to enjoy finding ways to get over that "hump" that Ford gave us that the fbodies didn't have to get over. I don't think its anything to get yourself down about. In the end, its all about how much you love and enjoy the car you drive. If it can outdo the guy next to you, so much the better. But, for me, I know I won't be disgusted enough to get rid of my car if it happens to lose to someone in a car I don't like. That would be dumb.
Drive it, love it........and if it doesn't feel fast enough........MOD IT!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:47 AM
KUcurt
1st Gear Member

I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY DO WITH THE CAMARO, just as long as they actually produce it, giving Ford some competition. Competition will hopefully force Ford to put out a better product and force them to keep the Mustang affordable. Maybe, someday in the near future, we may see dealerships actually giving out incentives to folks trying to buy new Mustangs. Right now, that sounds crazy, but the buzz about the new Stang is still fresh.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 PM
89GTRed
5th Gear Member

I LOVE the fact that chevy is poping out a couple new models! The camaro looks good but the challenger looks great. Like others have said all this will do is make BOTH companies work harder to keep our business which will in fact make all of our choices BETTER. As has been said B4 they are BOTH AMERICAN, so im glad its being done we need to KILL off the import cars!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Snake
1st Gear Member

In the past, honestly, much of my Camaro dislike stemmed from the look of the car itself and not as much of the rivalry between their owners and Mustang owners. I liked the 67-69 style because it had some character. After 69, they just got worse and worse until it became a lifeless wedge of a car. Performance wise, they were definitely superior in the 90's all the way up until production stopped, but going fast and looks have to go hand in hand, which is why I've always preferred stangs. This new concept however looks amazing, I admit it.

It will be interesting to see if the car changes much from concept to production. The new style mustang changed (I believe) more than Ford promised it wouldn't, and for the worse. I still loved the 05's, but the concept had such an amazing and doable design I was left wondering why they felt they had to change it. One of the things that made me so excited when I actually saw the concept Mustang was that it didn't appear that it would have to be changed that much. I also seem to remember Ford not providing us with the engine it would have in production at the time of the concept, it was left a mystery for a few months. It's going to be interesting to see if Chevy can build this supposedly 400 hp monster for slightly under 30 to remain competitve with the Mustang. GTO's with the same engine are around 35, and the Charger with the 360hp HEMI can't be found for under 30. We'll see, it should be interesting. But I do hope they make it, and I hope the Challenger makes its return as well.