Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ticket for Exhibition of Speed, advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 07:02 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default Ticket for Exhibition of Speed, advice?

So here I was 8 o clock at night, exiting from Kragens auto parts, making a right turn traffic was coming, and I was at a complete stop. I accelerate into traffic, but apparently there was some water in the drainage ditch betwen the private road at Kragens and the road, because my tires turned pretty decently but did not trigger the traction control. Guess I couldengaged the clutch a little too fast... but there was water...anywayz.Turns out there was a cop in that traffic and she pulled me over. I said, sorry, still getting used to the car...and did not finish, she simply flashed her flashlight at my traction control which was on and she said "I have the same thing, it's not THAT hard to control." She went back to her patrol car, and wrote me a ticket for Exhibition of Speed. I am suposed to appear in court on the 10th, I wasn't even speeding because I got pulled over a block from where I pulled out and she wrote my speed as 30 in a 35... Any advice?
Old 12-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: Ticket for Exhibition of Speed, advice?

Posting this in a more populated area would be better[8D]

I got a display of power ticket a few weeks after I got my car, I ended up just biting the bullet and paying for it...

Post this in Off Topic, you'll get a lot more responses.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Give me the specific section she cited you for. It sounds like she could have cited you for "unsafe start" instead of exhibition of speed which is a misdemeanor. If she cited you for 23109 (c) VC which is exhibition of speed, you may be able to get the judge to change it to 22106 VC which is an unsafe start and much less of a fine and is only an infraction.

Good luck
Old 12-30-2006, 10:43 PM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

its code/section 23109 (c) vc exhibition of speed alright. How do I get the judge to change it? And exactly what is the difference, thanks a million. - Neil