Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Do you agree?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:27 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Do you agree?

ORIGINAL: 83gtragtop

ORIGINAL: scg87

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that GM sent you a memo saying exactly what the car would weigh.I'll change it to 12.60's, because that what I I meant to put. Maybe that will make you feel better. And the Z06 runs 11.90's w/ a terrible *** driver behind the wheel....
Well lets just put it this way, the Camaro is built on the same chassis and is approx. the same size and weight as the new G8 which easily passes the 4k mark. You have to realize that the new Camaro/Challenger are bigger cars then the Mustang. The Camaro is going to be 10in longer and wide as hell. GM is not going to throw money into taking weight off the G8 platform,that would hurt the price point to much. The Charger and the Camaro are almost identical in size and the Challenger weighs in at 4150lbs. The Z06 has ran better then 11.9's but that is a great time for any driver.How coulda 500hp Camaro run the 1/4ONE FULL second fasterthen a 500hp Mustang? It can'tunless the Camaro weighs atleast 600lbs less and we know that will not be the case. I win.

You win based on speculation???? Wow, I hope you're not in the law field.....
Old 03-07-2008, 11:24 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

Interesting on all sides, and I am just curious as to what the actual numbers will be when all these cars come out. Only time will tell I suppose, anyone else?

- C
Old 03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
IIGood

1. Personally, I think it's too early to speculate pricing for the Camaro. I don't really care because I don't ever plan on purchasing one...but no doubt that if/when they do arrive on dealer lots, it'll be marked up out the wazoo. Much like the '05 Mustangs were.

2. Even if the Genesis is gonna be some 300 horsepower monster, it's still a friggin' Hyundai. Barely a threat to something like the Mustang or Camaro.

3. To each their own indeed. Some people would even say the extra $15K-$20K for a Saleen or Roush is "wasteful." But you're not just paying for the parts...yes, you could take a GT, throw comparable parts onto it, and still come out cheaper than one of the tuner cars. But you're also paying for the labor it took to build that car, the name, etc. You've got a faster car right out of the box, no work on your part other than opening your checkbook.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:57 PM
jaystang44
2nd Gear Member

1. I dont think any information can be said about the camaro in till it comes out. like someone said earlier you can speculate all you want but you just dont know. They can say this and that about it or have so called spy pics taken but they can change it just like that too. They needed to redo the camaros at the same time ford did the mustangs now they are way behind, thats all I know. I did see a concept at the Cincinnati car expo and it looked longer the the mustangs for sure but that whole car was FAKE [:@]they had no interiot, well it was covered up by carpet up the the head rest, and the rims on it where these fake *** hub caps....I doubt it was even a drivable car.

2. I HATE FORIGN CARS AND DONT CARE!!!!!

3. I personal like taking my GT and adding parts I get to get my hands dirt and learn my cars insides and outs. But would I buy a shelby or roush or seleen............HELL yea I would No doubt, now only if I had the money

Old 03-09-2008, 12:25 AM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

my bad kyle2 on the last thread on this i was refering to the wrong person i put ur name on accident my bad lol
Old 03-09-2008, 01:09 AM
prochargedGT
3rd Gear Member

1. I have seen the new camaro in person at a car show and it looks really heavy....they used a lot of metal and plastic to put that thingy together...I'm sure they will come out with different models and the prices will range just like a mustang (v6,v8,ss,z28).im sure they will have one with the new z06 engine in it and it will be in the high 60's-mid 70's...

2. 300hp/80ftlbs on a dyno jet

3. its alll about your taste...obviously people are going to say oh thats too much blah blah blah it all depends on what you like...
Old 03-10-2008, 12:58 AM
duke_r2
1st Gear Member

I heard/read the new Challenger was going to be sitting around $41K base w/ the 6.1 Hemi?!?!

Don't shoot the messenger, just what I heard and read on Dodges site.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 AM
kyle2k
1st Gear Member

Yeah Dodge isn't going to get anyone except Mopar addicts and people only concerned with asthetics...the performance numbers aren't so hot.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:53 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

1) The base camaro will be a bit more expensive than the mustang, but not by much. The mustang GT has gone up in price too, it's not the "affordable" 25k car it was at launch. If the camaro is to expensive people will still flock to the mustang.

2) Look at those horse power figures dim whitted ricers... please do... You are NOT going to beat a mustang in the quarter if you don't have equivilant torque to haul ***...

3) The Shelby GT is not worth the price imho... It's markup heaven. You could install the mods on a regular GT and be done with it. The only shelby that I would consider (briefly) to pay the markup for is the GT500...
Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
josephspann
1st Gear Member

I'm just wondering why Ford hasn't gone with a DOHC for the Mustang yet?? Now I'm not too sure about all this but I see foreign cars with DOHC such as the 350z and they have 300hp. Am I just missing something about why Ford or any other American car go with a DOHC. The only one I really remember being DOHC is the Cobra's but why not put these on all engines? I've heard they are more efficient and produce more hp. Someone who knows more about this please chime in but that has been my question.

Quick Reply: Do you agree?