Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Is the Camaro too late?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
ohskigod
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is the Camaro too late?

that makes no sense to be honest. I'm 34 going on 35, and I'm close to the oldest guy I've seen driving a stang. Everyone else is in there early 20's from what I see. I feel like that close to mid life crisis guy grasping to youth with all the strength his talons have to offer, but hey, its all about perception i guess
Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 AM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

sosmoked

Now, come on be honest, whenever I and probably you see a mustang approx. 75% of the time its someone over the age of 60 driving it, its a V6, and they are usually a woman. Thats the majority of mustang sales. Maybe, if Chevy wants to try to steal away mustang fanboys(little old ladies). They could offer things like that life alert, I've fallen and can't get up thing. Or with any sale of a Camaro you get 1 year worth of depends adult diapers. No more horsepower war, IT'S THE WAR FOR OLD PEOPLE. Well if Chevy uses the SS to go against the gt500 and had around 500 hp why wouldn't you expect the price between 40-45k. Isn't the MSRP on a gt500 43k, but because of the Shelby name, limited prod., and greedy ford dealerships you won't touch one for less than 70k. When I see a gt500 and laugh at the owner and think about the dealership who went laughing at him all the way to the bank.
Jealousy speaks a funny language somtimes. Just becasue you can't afford a new or used Mustang, or Camaro, is no reason to make fun of either.

If you got another job or two, after you move out from mom and pops place of course, maybe you could get a Mustang or camaro, yes?

Both cars, Mustang and camaro, will have to fight to make it through the oil wars. Wee shall see.

The dealership markups, yes they suck, but that's supply and demand 101. You don't seem to know much about the world and things around you. Must be nice to stay safe behind the internet and not pay any bills.I remember those days.

- C
Old 04-28-2008, 11:42 AM
SoSmoked
I ♥ Acer

Well it's apparent that anyboby can afford a mustang, little old ladies with their social security checks can. Believe me my F-body expertise runs deep I've had a 68 Camaro with a 454, 69 Camaro now an 00 SS convt, and I bought a 98 trans am W56 brand new and had it paid off in a year when I was 20. But in order for me to stick with another New Camaro it will take a special one. If the SS has 500hp I'll probably get it, convt of course. Anything less than 500hp and I'll probably get a C6 Corvette convt and supercharge it. Now that I'm closing in on the big 30 I've been thinking about something more exotic like a Lotus Esprit, Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG, or maybe a new M3. I more likely to get the Vette just because the cost is so cheap to do anything to it compared to the more exotic cars.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:06 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

sosmoked

Well it's apparent that anyboby can afford a mustang, little old ladies with their social security checks can. Believe me my F-body expertise runs deep I've had a 68 Camaro with a 454, 69 Camaro now an 00 SS convt, and I bought a 98 trans am W56 brand new and had it paid off in a year when I was 20. But in order for me to stick with another New Camaro it will take a special one. If the SS has 500hp I'll probably get it, convt of course. Anything less than 500hp and I'll probably get a C6 Corvette convt and supercharge it. Now that I'm closing in on the big 30 I've been thinking about something more exotic like a Lotus Esprit, Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG, or maybe a new M3. I more likely to get the Vette just because the cost is so cheap to do anything to it compared to the more exotic cars.
Ijust got your pm, and to answer your question for the last time, NO. I'm not letting you borrow any money.

I've had a 68 Camaro with a 454, 69 Camaro now an 00 SS convt, and I bought a 98 trans am W56 brand new
Yes,I saw that on the news. The Wal-mart in your area keeps getting hit for model car theft.I wonder..... [&:]

Now that I'm closing in on the big 30
30 times you have stayed up past curfew? That's a big step, almost time to take your training wheels off!

- C

Old 04-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Yes, only old ladies drive stangs and only people with mullets drive F-bodies. What a noob.