Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

i think the japs got it right...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

Default i think the japs got it right...

well, at least the company that imports mustangs to japan[8D] check it out

http://www.mustangevolution.com/20070731453/
Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: i think the japs got it right...

How odd. It's not riced out at all. hah.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Who do you think was the one that designed the s197? Wasn't a good ole American Ford guy.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:18 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you mean Japanese, right?
and it's just appearance mods, and the boss is a gt and no boss 302 motor. i'll bet it costs an arm an a leg. so i dont think these are real boss or bullitt's, but a package put together to cost the consumer more. one thing is good, they didnt put the bullitt or boss w/ a side order of rice.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

i just like that bullitt a lot more...minus the stupid side scoops...

just an appearance package, yeah, but does anyone really notice the difference between a bullitt and a regular gt or gt/cs? yes, there are differences, but basically it's the green paint that gets teh attention - and the louvers almost perfectly mimic those of the 68...if i lived in japan and had a good job there, i'd get one lol
Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I think they are both great.
The Bullitt has the extra mods that many wanted, but which some feel aren't necessary for a daily driver. Although I notice it doesn't have the extra HP that the Ford Bullitt does. And a V-6 Bullitt is just wrong, but maybe there's a lot of demand for smaller engines over there. I noticed the steering wheels weren't on the right. Thought they needed that in Japan.

I love the Boss treatment and I've saved that pic as that's pretty much the hood stripe I want someday. That's close to what Ford should have as an option for the U.S.... along with the 5.0 or 5.4 engines!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

well i'm pretty sure gas in japan is pry twice what it is here...idk that for a fact, but that'd be my guess...kinda in the same boat asbmw, mercedes, and porsche in germany - build quick, fast cars for the autobahn, but HAVE to get at least decent mileage with their prices
Old 05-07-2008, 01:50 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

I want those side mirrors with the turn signals on the Boss Mustang! Never seen one like that before. I knowit's not the one offered by Blue Oval Industries. BOI's has the same shape asOEM but with the addition of the turn signals. The Boss ones are more curved/aerodynamic. I likey!
Old 05-07-2008, 02:11 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

The Boss looks pretty nice IMO, Its about time American Muscle hits Japan! Just hope they dont rice it the **** out LMAO
Old 05-07-2008, 02:33 AM
tached_out
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: So_Cali

The Boss looks pretty nice IMO, Its about time American Muscle hits Japan! Just hope they dont rice it the **** out LMAO
most respectable people in japan do not rice out there cars. The drift scene there is huge and its all about JDM and keeping the cars funcational and performance. The whole ricer thing was the US doing from hollywoods prospective on what is cool. I go to japan allot for the military and being a 1/4 japanese I have family there and sure there are riced out cars in japan like there are every where but all the true tuners there really clown on that the same way we do as well.

Quick Reply: i think the japs got it right...