Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2009 Glass top GT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Default 2009 Glass top GT?

What does everyone think of the new glass top GT?
Old 08-29-2008, 07:00 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I've driven in 2 already, when I was told about it I thought it was stupid but after driving in one I really like it. It's definitely something I would have considered if I could have gotten one.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:16 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

I am thinking about getting a new car for a daily driver. I love my '73, but it isn't the best car to drive 100 miles a day to work. I like to drive it on Fridays, but the rest of the time I drive something else.

My newest car is a 1990 F-250 and I have never owned a new car. All my cars are old and all are over 140k miles. I have to work on them a lot to keep them running.

I think it is time for a new car so I can just drive.

I went to the local Ford dealer and they have a 2009 glass top on the showroom floor. I was thinking about the V6, but it is not that much better on gas than the V8.

I figure if I am going to spend that much on a car I might as well get what I want.

The one I am looking at is a 2009 glass top, charcoal gray GT with an automatic, leather interior.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

It's a nice middle point between the hardtop and the convertible.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:58 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Get it, its a nice option.

And yes a V8 with a Cai + Tune will get you in the mpg of a V6 with no problem.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MexGT
Get it, its a nice option.

And yes a V8 with a Cai + Tune will get you in the mpg of a V6 with no problem.
+1

Items such as a lighter flywheel, driveshaft, and UDP; will also improve mileage (and performance).
Old 08-29-2008, 09:47 AM
abrush
3rd Gear Member

If you decide to do it you will love it! I have a 65 and 66 Mustang and let me tell you, the old ones sure don't drive like the new ones! Not that I would trade them for the world but if I had to drive them everyday I think I would go nuts. Your 73 would make a nice occasional driver alongside the new Mustang.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:02 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't get the glass roof. I don't like glass roofs for one and it adds 2K to the sticker. I recently looked at one at my dealer. I'd rather spend that 2K on A LOT of other things for it.

I also would never get grey, especially not for a DD. For one, grey is dull and uninteresting looking but the biggest reason is grey blends in with the road and fog/rain during bad weather. It's much harder to see a grey car coming than it is a color like red, blue, orange, etc. My parents had a grey car once. They said they will NEVER do it again b/c of that reason.

Also, a CAI and tune WILL NOT give you the same MPG as a V6. That's pure rubbish. I don't care how much you granny it. But, the MPG diff while driving normal is not much from a V6. It's only like 2. If you want MPG, don't get a GT or Cobra (duh!).

Another thing. Lower gears (like 3.73/4.10/etc) in the city can improve MPG as you don't have to use as much throttle to get up to speed. Same for going up hills. Long distance trips going 80+ will hurt you though. But not too bad.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I never been in one, however I can't see why they just cant put a sun roof in the dam thing.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

this one's an old post on this site, but i've been on the fence about this.

it looks real sleek with the vinyl over the glasstop.

http://modernmustangmuscle.com/featu...gnetgt500.html

Quick Reply: 2009 Glass top GT?