Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Same Engine in 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

Yeah but consider that is a mercedes. You think they care that we can be faster for less money? It's like seeing a bloke in a gutted civic hatch. Sure they tubro it and they are faster, but they are still in a gutted civic hatch and you are in a Mustang. Even if you are at 500HP, they still have a mercedes, and a damn nice one too.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:53 PM
HNDA ETR
1st Gear Member

Yeah everyone has different priorities. Every time i see a mercedes drive by I'd say wow you could get a **** load more horsepower if you bought something else with that cash. $70 for a mercedes or $70 for a semi used Viper. I know my answer
Old 09-29-2008, 04:57 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_Joe
As cleared up already, it shows you obviously don't know much about the G8 GT(specifically the size and hp of the engine which is pretty bad). Don't talk about **** you don't know and obviously you don't know a lot about what your talking about. And the prices I listed aren't my prices, they are the 2008 MSRP's for those base model cars. Nice try again, but prices are prices and I doubt they are still marking up S197's so you must be full of it or leave near 1 Ford dealership with a 30mile radius or something.

Drunken Llama:
First off, Ford and GM build quality are about the same. The 2 national car symbols of the US are the Mustang and Vette, and neither would have such high sales for their price range and have bad build quality. We are talking about GM, the company that put a 1/4 of the F-body LS1 engine underneath the dashboard for better weight distribution? WTF kind of thinking is that? Every owner of an LS1(not sure about previous generations) and mechanic that works on an LS1 said engine and some regular(spark plug changing,etc) labor is a lot harder and more expensive then working on Ford engines because of the engine placement.

And you say you want a garage HP monster? Don't even buy new then. You won't get your money's worth new unless you get a GT500 or C6 with what you are asking. Do a custom build like most money concious people would for that. I'd suggest a cheap used Fox body for the frame, new built-up auto or manual trans(based on your preferences although manuals are more expensive), strong rear end(ford 9" or something else), and now you pick the engine. For the engine, you can drop in an expensive LSX series engine, you can buy an old 351W and work that, or just drop a huge crate engine with good internals. Add a few mods and some nitrous to call it a day. That's if we are talking all out performance.

If just want a weekend car, why build a track monster? If so, pick the car you want in your price range(whatever, Mustang GT, Vette, GT500, Miata, M3, Carrera, etc) and be happy like a normal person.
A Foxbody? ehhhhhhh... no! 700 HP Shelby GT500 and and an M3 sound more like it haha... but that's for later, right now I just wanna have some fun with my cars lol
Old 09-29-2008, 04:59 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
Even if there are some, do they look as good as a Mustang......no. I'll still take the Mustang. Best looking car on the road. Period. I think that's what keeps the price of the Mustang up....looks.
yeah true. But as other people have posted, the mustang gives you really good performance for the price, not many cars match it.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Elwood
Yeah but consider that is a mercedes. You think they care that we can be faster for less money? It's like seeing a bloke in a gutted civic hatch. Sure they tubro it and they are faster, but they are still in a gutted civic hatch and you are in a Mustang. Even if you are at 500HP, they still have a mercedes, and a damn nice one too.

It better be nice for $150,000. I can buy a small home for that. Or 5 (yes 5) GT Mustangs. Is that one Mercedes worth 5 GT Mustangs? NOT.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:33 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

^^ you serious, i would buy a ford Gt in a heart beat witih 150k, if i had money. i bow to it, one of my favorite cars. Ill have a termi, gt500, forg gt, and maybe a 4 door mercedes the expensive ones. Thats what i want in the future lol I already made my list.