Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
View Poll Results: Will we see the Ecoboost mustang in 2011?
yes
80.77%
no
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

2011 3.5L Ecoboost V6 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

Exclamation 2011 3.5L Ecoboost V6 ?

So Ford has unveiled the new Taurus and word is that at the Chicago Auto show they will unveil the Taurus SHO.

Ford has unvelied other vehicles with the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 that makes 355hp!

Will we see this Engine in the Mustang starting in 2011? The 2010 Engine specs are already released and no engine change......but I wonder for 2011.

This would be a very smart move for Ford because the V6 Camaro will be 300hp and the V6 Challenger is 250hp meanwhile the current 4.0 V6 mustang is 210hp? No so good my friends.

Now granted. I have driven the V6 Challenger and its CRAPPY! The car is so much heavier than a Stang even with that 250hp is has no pickup and it sounds HORRIBLE. ( I have also driven the 6.2L 420hp V8 which was awesome.)

However. Mark my words. The V6 Camaro at 300hp will not only burn V6 stangs and challengers off the line but it is also the best bang for your buck starting in the low 20's. The V6 challenger is way more money and mustang is 210hp. If your not a loyalist what would you buy? Simple answer.......camaro.

Ford Needs to put the Ecoboost in the V6 mustang in 2011. its smart and needed.

However this offers a problem.......if you put a V6 with 355hp in......what do you do to the GT in 2011?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 AM
bpark8824
2nd Gear Member

Thats where the five oh comes in. Ford could in no way put a more powerful v6 in than the v8. That would just ruin everything.

Im just hoping with this new ecoboost the stang doesn't get bought buy all the queers that love turbos and big tacs and wings...
Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 AM
stang5151
2nd Gear Member

The 5.0 GT will produce 400 HP/TQ.......maybe more if tinkered with a little. But Ford usually leaves the adjustments to the aftermarket, which is good for us - it gives us something to do.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...I love hearing these kind of HP numbers!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by timspony
...I love hearing these kind of HP numbers!
Yeah but if its just more unfounded rumors while Dodge and Chevy get high horsepower affordable cars I'm going to go sell my Mustang for a Kia
I wouldn't mind a 3.5L Turbo. But they have to actually make it happen and quit taunting us with teasers and speculations! Right now, the 4.0 Mustang is at the bottom of the pit...it's the weakest. Hell, if Nissan...NISSAN....can get 300 HP out of a 3.5L, why can't we?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

have you sat in the new camaro yet? in my non brand loyalty opinion, sitting in that car was horrible. its cheap feeling, and you feel like your just in a big box, cant see over the steering wheel, raise the seat and you hit your head on the roof. it looks sexy on the outside, but the inside is terrible feeling. no wonder its cheap. i would never consider buying that car after sitting in it

also sat in the challenger that had a manual trans, with a hurst installed, and that was the worst feeling shifter ive ever felt. i dont know if they installed it wrong, hurst just sucks, or the cars trans just sucks. after that my opinion is challengers should stick to auto.

turbo v6 ftw, 5.0 ftw
Old 01-22-2009, 04:19 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
Yeah but if its just more unfounded rumors while Dodge and Chevy get high horsepower affordable cars I'm going to go sell my Mustang for a Kia
I wouldn't mind a 3.5L Turbo. But they have to actually make it happen and quit taunting us with teasers and speculations! Right now, the 4.0 Mustang is at the bottom of the pit...it's the weakest. Hell, if Nissan...NISSAN....can get 300 HP out of a 3.5L, why can't we?
If there's a shred of truth to the upcoming ecoboost and 5.0 Mustangs in 2011, Ford would have to be a little crazy to confirm it before the 2010's even hit the lots.....no one will want them. I agree it would have been better to push back the refresh until the new drivetrains were ready, but Ford obviously didn't wanna lose too much momentum in the market to the new Camaro and Challenger. The refresh will undoubtably get alot of new customers interested in the Mustang again.......but the new motors will put plenty of hotrodders' butts in the new Stang's cockpit for 2011. I think they are just keeping it hush hush for now so the 2010's can enjoy some limelight. JMO.

At this point, there's way too much talk going around about these two motors for there to not be any truth to at least ONE of them ending up in the Stang. I, personally, consider the ecoboost a shoe in. And let's face it....if Ford does have a new 5.0 V8 coming online in the next year or two......you honestly think they'd have the gall to stick it in anything but the Mustang? I asure you, their marketing guys aren't that dumb.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:52 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by KITT
So Ford has unveiled the new Taurus and word is that at the Chicago Auto show they will unveil the Taurus SHO.

Ford has unvelied other vehicles with the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 that makes 355hp!

Will we see this Engine in the Mustang starting in 2011? The 2010 Engine specs are already released and no engine change......but I wonder for 2011.

This would be a very smart move for Ford because the V6 Camaro will be 300hp and the V6 Challenger is 250hp meanwhile the current 4.0 V6 mustang is 210hp? No so good my friends.

Now granted. I have driven the V6 Challenger and its CRAPPY! The car is so much heavier than a Stang even with that 250hp is has no pickup and it sounds HORRIBLE. ( I have also driven the 6.2L 420hp V8 which was awesome.)

However. Mark my words. The V6 Camaro at 300hp will not only burn V6 stangs and challengers off the line but it is also the best bang for your buck starting in the low 20's. The V6 challenger is way more money and mustang is 210hp. If your not a loyalist what would you buy? Simple answer.......camaro.

Ford Needs to put the Ecoboost in the V6 mustang in 2011. its smart and needed.

However this offers a problem.......if you put a V6 with 355hp in......what do you do to the GT in 2011?
That motor is in the MKS ecoboost as well and will be avail in 2010 models and can be bought in Spring of 09!

Pu the 5.0L with 400HP from the factory as the V8 and keep the v6 model quick and with great MPG...a green mustang?!....sweet!!!! and would compete with all others in a much tighter scale then now as the V6 is currently!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

if all this comes true, the turbo 6 and the 5.0 that is, all us GT guys are gonna be crying when the turbo 6 with oh say.... a intake, downpipe and tune walks all over our heavily modified GTs. As much as I want this to happen, I dont know if you will see it happen, cause even Ford knows how much easier it is to pull the potential out of that turbo then it does a bigger v8... They dont want there own GTs getting took out by there own V6 all the time.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:46 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
if all this comes true, the turbo 6 and the 5.0 that is, all us GT guys are gonna be crying when the turbo 6 with oh say.... a intake, downpipe and tune walks all over our heavily modified GTs. As much as I want this to happen, I dont know if you will see it happen, cause even Ford knows how much easier it is to pull the potential out of that turbo then it does a bigger v8... They dont want there own GTs getting took out by there own V6 all the time.

Trust me the upper brass could care less about the Mustang you have ALREADY PURCHASED! They dont care if their new model v6 kills you off the line and makes you cry. All they care about is selling the damn thing.

3.5 L is gonna happen. No doubt.

Quick Reply: 2011 3.5L Ecoboost V6 ?