Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Mustang GT vs 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Talking

Ive seen both cars inside and out, and before the Forums and My Fox, I was a GM FAN ONLY.

1.The Mustang GT AND The GT 500 with the right paint and body scheme looks way more stylish than the Camaro.

2.The Mustang's Interior(especially the leather) looks more stylish than the Camaro.

3. What hurts in Performance, is that the New GM, has high HP, Better gearing in the tranny, and an Independent Rear End, EVEN THE NEW 5.0 WILL NOT BE ENOUGH FOR 422 HPTHROUGH THEIR GEARING.

It will be enough to keep it side by side STOCK

Yall should be happy another American Muscle Car is BACK , Ford will no longer be a monopoly and will give you more FOR LESS NOW.

Last edited by aode08; 03-20-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:39 PM
GerRod
2nd Gear Member

Wow, the new Camaro is one awesome looking car. Competition is a good thing. It'll keep Ford trying to improve the Mustang. However, I think the 2010 Mustang holds it own against Camaro.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Pohatu18
2nd Gear Member

+ 1 on the interior of the new maro I didnt like it and the stock 6er rims they had on the car at the car show was a turn away for me. All in all it was comfortable. Couldnt test drive it. And it will be cool to see them on the streets I flip out when I see a chally pure sex
Old 03-20-2009, 03:23 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

The Camaro will do very well upon release for sure. Even though its not my cup of tea, it does have a very aggressive profile to it. I think the interior is a letdown also. But all in all, its gonna offer grade A performance at a bargain price....and that's where the new Camaro hits the homerun.

I think the Mustang will still do well for 2010 with its aesthetic/quality makeover, but it will need the new powertrains if Ford doesn't want to start losing market share to the Camaro. The strategy of making us pay over 40K to get an SS competitor is altogether rediculous.

Of course, this could well end up being a repeat of the last gen pony war.....where the Camaro, though priced almost right beside the GT, ran circles around its Ford counterpart. Yet despite this, the Mustang buried it in sales. But I have a feeling this time could be different if Ford tries to rest too hard on its laurels.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:08 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

Talking

Ford is smart by releasing the new Mustang 5.0 the year AFTER the release of the Camaro.

This way, they will have a decent Market , however,a few things needs to follow.

1. Ford needs better gearing, better marketing strategies, a 6-speed would be sweet, with incentives.

2.Ford needs more factory installed options, if you guys have not noticed, the Camaro has a ton of factory options.

3. Ford needs to keep Shelby OUT OF THE MIX, his services are TOO EXPENSIVE.

4.The FORD GT is the only car that can be modded to stay with the new VETTES. A GT500 requires over 700rwhp, to keep up to 190MPH, tried and tested/heat soak and wind forces.

Last edited by aode08; 03-20-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I don't know if I'd say that the Camaro has more options, because I've done a couple of builds on the 2010 Mustangs and there are quite a few different interior, wheel, and exterior packages......and one performance enhancement package on top of that. The Stang doesn't want for options.....although more is always better.

I do agree though that its time for Shelby's name to come off the top dog Mustang. I say they finish out the next year or two with the GT500, and then bring in a s/c'd 5.0 model for the next Cobra.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:12 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

I saw the Camaro at our local auto show and I was not impressed with the interior. It kind of reminds me of a '99 Pontiac Grand Am, all cheap and plastic looking. But from the outside the Camaro looks pretty good to me.

Every time I read something about these 2 cars all people seem to talk about is the horsepower advantage of the SS vs the GT, and I was just wondering why nobody has mentioned that there is a factory supercharger option available for the 2010 GT.(and it's covered under warranty) I'm pretty sure that a supercharged GT from the factory with 400 horsepower would have no problem keeping up with the SS, especially given the weight difference.

Last edited by RedDevilSC; 03-20-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: 8 Beers
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RedDevilSC
I saw the Camaro at our local auto show and I was not impressed with the interior. It kind of reminds me of a '99 Pontiac Grand Am, all cheap and plastic looking. But from the outside the Camaro looks pretty good to me.

Every time I read something about these 2 cars all people seem to talk about is the horsepower advantage of the SS vs the GT, and I was just wondering why nobody has mentioned that there is a factory supercharger option available for the 2010 GT.(and it's covered under warranty) I'm pretty sure that a supercharged GT from the factory with 400 horsepower would have no problem keeping up with the SS, especially given the weight difference.
I'm guessing that it's because those are dealer install options. So....technically, they are not true factory production options. If you could tick off a check mark on the 2010 GT buildsheet for 400hp or 500hp s/c....that would indeed be a horse of a different color.

But alas, you are at the mercy of your dealership's labor charges for either of the s/c package installs.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:29 PM
TbirdKaw

for those who are saying that ford will get smoked by the Chevy, i have following the Camaro saga and saw an InsideLine video of it yesterday, 0-60 5sec, 13.0 1/4, and .88 g skid pad with a 68.xx mph in the slalom. For those you who know the performance specs of the new GT, youd realize how close those numbers are and how good the mustang has become since 2005.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

They aren't close at all ^ Actually edmunds i believe got a 4.6 0-60 out of the new Camaro SS. How is that close?

Anyhow, this is so awesome, I've waited so long to see the Camaro come back out, I was devastated when they stopped making them in 02.

And here comes the bitter rivalry The Challenger is the sexiest IMO

I love the outside of the Camaro, but the interior needs a new dash. Seats look good, and so does steering wheel, but that radio and ***** are fugly

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs 2010 Chevrolet Camaro