Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Job 1 August 8th for 06's????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:52 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

Default Job 1 August 8th for 06's????????

OK, first of all, does any one know officially if that is the build date for the 2006 models?

There's been a lot of different posts on this site and others stating when Ford is going to shut down and then start up on the 06's, some say in July, some say they just received a build date in late July for their 05 model! So July cant be right.

Is the August 8th date official?

I placed my order back in early May knowing full well that it would be an 06, which is fine. The Dealership told me to expect 15 to 18 week wait, but I dont see it arriving within that time frame being that it would be 12 weeks in before they're even being produced based on a Job 1 date of August 8th.

Also does anyone know what factors in an order might delay or speed up a build date once the 06's start to roll out?

Is it possible that could expect still expect it sometime in Sept? or am I looking at a later arrival time. I'm in the Northeast, so it would be nice to get it before the weather gets bad. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:45 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Job 1 August 8th for 06's????????

i believe that the plant closes down for the first two weeks of july and then they start making the new model year cars.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: BTDstang

OK, first of all, does any one know officially if that is the build date for the 2006 models?

There's been a lot of different posts on this site and others stating when Ford is going to shut down and then start up on the 06's, some say in July, some say they just received a build date in late July for their 05 model! So July cant be right.

Is the August 8th date official?

I placed my order back in early May knowing full well that it would be an 06, which is fine. The Dealership told me to expect 15 to 18 week wait, but I dont see it arriving within that time frame being that it would be 12 weeks in before they're even being produced based on a Job 1 date of August 8th.

Also does anyone know what factors in an order might delay or speed up a build date once the 06's start to roll out?

Is it possible that could expect still expect it sometime in Sept? or am I looking at a later arrival time. I'm in the Northeast, so it would be nice to get it before the weather gets bad. Thanks.
A lot of companies I work with, also work with the automotive companies. Including Ford. Most of them are closing down the week of 4th of July and reopening running new or revised products for 06 models. I'm thinkin the August start date would be right since the companies I work with have to build stock up.

My 2000 V6 was built in August of 99 and was considered one of the first '00' models produced.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:41 PM
wastang

I was told Aug 8th is the date for the first 06. The time it takes to get your car will depend on the allocation your dealer has,
not when your order was placed. The allocation system is not one of Fords better ideas.[:@]
Old 07-11-2005, 11:16 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

The dealership I placed the order with is one of the largest in NJ, and they just bought out another dealerships inventory, giving them even more allocations, but as of now I still dont have a vin # or build date, which I was expecting to be sometime in August, since my order was placed right after they stopped excepting '05 orders.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:19 PM
slice517

I talked to my dealer today and I have a schedule build date of 08/08/05

Old 07-12-2005, 01:23 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

wow very cool i hope to see some on the road
Old 07-13-2005, 11:07 AM
BTDstang
1st Gear Member

slice517

I know order placement date dosent matter, but I'm just curious as to when you placed your order?
Old 07-13-2005, 12:31 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I know I'm stating the obvious, but be a royal pain in the a$$ to your dealer when it comes to getting information about when your car is being built and shipped. Individual dealer allocation and car options play a huge role as to when a gets serialized, so stay on top of them. Call every day if you need to. These dealers are making a huge profit on Mustangs compared to the other cars they sell, so stay on top of them!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 AM
slice517

I placed my order in Early June. Since I am in Michigan shouldn't take long to get to dealer after build.

T

Quick Reply: Job 1 August 8th for 06's????????