Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Toyota buying American........

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 03:41 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Toyota buying American........

toyota doesn't own ford. toyota does own lexus. i love seeing those on the road. the lexus sedans from a couple years ago looked exactly like camry's, inside and out. i wanna buy a camry, put an L on the back, and sell it for $40,000.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:45 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

harley isn't made in america, nothing is. things that are "made in america" are only built/assembled in america.

My mommy says I was made in America. Yup yup.

Anyways, it's crazy how GM is just dropping worse and worse. They're advertising this employee discount pricing thing out the wazoo.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:06 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

ORIGINAL: nanaki

harley isn't made in america, nothing is. things that are "made in america" are only built/assembled in america.

My mommy says I was made in America. Yup yup.

Anyways, it's crazy how GM is just dropping worse and worse. They're advertising this employee discount pricing thing out the wazoo.

GM is trying to come out of the slump, prety soon we will see corollas looking like camaros[:@] or a cobalt like an echo[:'(] or maybe a corvette with a big L on it's back for Lexus........cheby guys..........I have not heard from them?????? what are you guys comments?
Old 07-05-2005, 12:40 PM
ekim
1st Gear Member

Can anyone tell me if Toyota has to deal with UAW? If not then why should Ford and GM?

The unions had there place in the 30's through the 50's. Since the inception of OSHA, fed, and, state run agency’s there is no need for a union!

I was in a GM plant about a year ago and as we audited there facility we found in one of the tunnels several refrigerator boxes with pillows and blankets. When we asked what that was all about to a GM salaried employee he they are aware of it but can do nothing about it! What a bunch of ****!

UAW should be broken up and get ride of the unions! There are too many federal fair labor practices in place to let the unions run companies! It makes me sick when a big shot from a company like GM tells me they do not run their own company, the UAW does!

Either we can smarten up or give up and get accustomed to eating rice for every meal!

I am not saying that we should have slave labor, but the average union employee costs GM $43,00 per hour at cost! That does not include overhead! This is an uneducated fork truck driver (I did not say stupid, uneducated) this person costs GM for an average of 16 years after that union worker has retired! How the can you compete?

Enough of my rants, if anyone can answer the question, does Toyota and all the other Asian companies have to have UAW in their plants?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

well if im right hummer is made buy GM, correct me if im wrong, but wouldn't it be funny a foreign company buying out our military vehicle?
Old 07-07-2005, 08:50 AM
ekim
1st Gear Member

Too funny!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

haha i thought so 2
Old 08-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

As much as I hate to admit it, GM is really going downhill. The problem is, there aren't any cars made by GM that really attract me and would make me buy a new car!

I'd prefer any day an old mustang over a new GM car. GM doesn't seem to understand that people (or at least I) want powerful, fast and reliable cars. I don't think i'd ever buy a chevrolet, buick, saturn or saab... whatever the discout is. As for the other models like pontiac.. i just don't seen anything really interesting.

Just my 2cents.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:10 PM
surfadelic23

At least we've caught up to the rest of the world in the BEER dept!
Seriously though, when I was in school there were very few to no good American beers... Now they are everywhere!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:17 PM
STANMAN
4th Gear Member

To you who say we no longer make anything in America, you're wrong. We actually still make 2 things. We have our heavy industry (steel), and our agriculture (food). Everyone thinks China is in the drivers seat, or Japan, or the little sheet heads (don't call them towel heads, they don't like it, it's also incorrect, as actually they are small folded sheets on their heads, not towels, henceforth, little sheet heads). But everyone just doesn't realize that America still holds all the power. We feed, besides ourselves, over 85% of the worlds population with our agriculture, 85%. Think about it. And all of our steel mills provide something in the high 70's of raw material for the world market. If America ever wanted to put it's foot down, the rest of the world would be in crap storm. That's why you will never see anything happen to America that it's not willing to let happen. And we will always have the upper hand on the rest of the world, always. Ever see what happens when another country gets out of hand? They don't do it for long, that's for sure. And who cares about Japan, they are our bishes anyway. If they start acting up like an unruly child again, we have more nukes. This time though, I think our government would just starve them until they came back to thier senses.

Quick Reply: Toyota buying American........