Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Thinking of Selling My Car...Fair Asking Price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Stang-aholic
4th Gear Member

I would easily buy it for 17k cash, but im in FL and would have to sell mine!! good luck sweet car, too.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:59 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08GT4U
this is what i have found in autotrader in the last 3 month(this is in florida)
05 gt with supercharge and some bodykit 50000 miles for 17,995
07 gt with kenne bell supercharger 14000 miles plus rims full suspension and full exhaust for 22,999
08 gt with roush supercharger 2800 miles for 24,995
06 gt custom built interior massive stereo sytem jlt intake 20 inch rims +body kit for 21,500
07 gt with racer body kit 20 inch rims jlt intake 13000 miles for 21,500 with a scratch in the trunk
after looking at your car you could ask for 24 or 23,000 and let them work you down some.it is very hard this days to find people willing to spend or pay 20,000 cash for a car specially with your milage.
Damn dude. It would work out cheaper to sell my car and buy that one rather than buying a blower. Lol.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:17 PM
sarcastik
1st Gear Member

I guess this thread is lesson we can all from. DON'T OVER MOD YOUR CAR unless you are prepared to face the consiquences. I over modded my last car an old school infiniti with 3tvs, rims, subs, custom drop the works, and sold it for 6 grand with everything. This time around with my stang well first off all I have a v6 so I knew this was going to be a car that I wanted to bark and not bite. So I put louvers, on the sides and back windows, and a blackout panel and I'm still waiting on rims, caliper covers and tint, and I'm 100% done. I'm just going to enjoy the ride after that. Its hard to do, but sometimes we gotta find a script and stick to it because modding a car is like smoking. It fills a temporary void for a month or two and then once that has passed you've forgot about it and just becomes a line item on a list of crap you're not going to get your money back on. JUST SAY NO!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sarcastik
I guess this thread is lesson we can all from. DON'T OVER MOD YOUR CAR unless you are prepared to face the consiquences. I over modded my last car an old school infiniti with 3tvs, rims, subs, custom drop the works, and sold it for 6 grand with everything. This time around with my stang well first off all I have a v6 so I knew this was going to be a car that I wanted to bark and not bite. So I put louvers, on the sides and back windows, and a blackout panel and I'm still waiting on rims, caliper covers and tint, and I'm 100% done. I'm just going to enjoy the ride after that. Its hard to do, but sometimes we gotta find a script and stick to it because modding a car is like smoking. It fills a temporary void for a month or two and then once that has passed you've forgot about it and just becomes a line item on a list of crap you're not going to get your money back on. JUST SAY NO!
That's the formula I am following from the same past experience. I added a little power, a little bit of control and a few styling improvements and that's it. I've kept all my stock parts and a good majority of everything I've bought has been on sale or used so when I put it back to stock to trade I shouldn't really be out much.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:30 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Can't believe you're selling it! Nice looking car.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sarcastik
I plan on keeping my car as long as I live, so I don't worry about that. I know it's hard to keep a car your whole life, but I know a man who still has his first car, it was a 50's Chevy, and he also still owns the next 10 cars he purchased after that. So ya, I don't plan on selling my car so lost money on mods is not an issue.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:49 AM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

great looking stang...it's a shame that mods devalue our cars, for the most part.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:25 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Sleep Deprived, That's a sharp looking Mustang! Great job on the mods!
Locally in GA, the 2005 Mustang GT typically run 15,999 - 18,999. They are stock or have minimal modifications. If you are not able to change your car back to stock, research Kelley Bluebook and find out what your car is worth in your area and maybe add a few grand onto that and see what happens. Hopefully, a Mustang Enthusiast will come across it and want it with minimal negotiation. ;-)
GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 05-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah man if you want just send me an e-mail at Branomano@gmail.com and let me knowthe $Price as well as when you might have some free time I check it all the time so I will respond fast.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I have no idea what you would get for the car or whats fair for it...... I would love to buy it but want a 2010 GT500 and realistically I will get a new 2009 Fusion SEL sport for my new DD. I had to move this and did not want to send it to OT as they go crazy for S197 threads over there....hope you understand

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling My Car...Fair Asking Price?