Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2002 BOSS package question (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Jim in San Antonio

Default 2002 BOSS package question (newbie)

Thanks for the great forum. I am a previous SHOwner now looking for a GT. Looked at an '02 GT 5-spd with Boss package...can anyone tell me what the boss option included? original owner was not such a gearhead and did not know other than the body trim...but the car appeared clean, he used only Mobil-1 and only mods were Mac cold-air and straight pipes NO CATS and ungoverned. which were damaged by running over s/t in the hwy. Side discharge exhaust thru the boss body-skirting. This car has 141K hwy he travelled a lot btw Austin and Laredo. I read many posts & replies about the long life of the 4.6. thanks for any answers on the boss package.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
CopNaStang
1st Gear Member

This should help you. Go down to the "New Edge" Boss and it will tell you about the packages........
https://mustangforums.com/articles/2...rformance.html
Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Jim in San Antonio

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:29 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

any pics of the car?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Jim in San Antonio

Here are some pics before washing it. The info I found in the link mentioned the Shinoda Boss, however mine does not have the hockey-stick stripe. So this may be simply the dealer-mods which include the side-skirting with exhaust discharge, chin spoiler, lowering kit and Mach sound system. Due to my lack of experience with Mustangs I cannot tell by feel if there were any dealer engine mods but the PO did install a MAC cold air intake. I am OK with the 141k miles because the tach reads only about 1700 rpm's at 75mph in 5th gear, so somewhat less engine wear. A very nice driving car with great sounding exhaust.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Jim in San Antonio

Looks like I did not get the link to photobucket, I am not too good with this sort of thing.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:55 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by Jim in San Antonio
Here are some pics before washing it. The info I found in the link mentioned the Shinoda Boss, however mine does not have the hockey-stick stripe. So this may be simply the dealer-mods which include the side-skirting with exhaust discharge, chin spoiler, lowering kit and Mach sound system. Due to my lack of experience with Mustangs I cannot tell by feel if there were any dealer engine mods but the PO did install a MAC cold air intake. I am OK with the 141k miles because the tach reads only about 1700 rpm's at 75mph in 5th gear, so somewhat less engine wear. A very nice driving car with great sounding exhaust.
Uhhhh that doesn't sound right.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM
thunderhorse
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
Uhhhh that doesn't sound right.
yeah with stock gearing it should be around 2100 I think...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Jim in San Antonio

OK, I'm slightly off on the rpms. At 70mph my tach reads 1700, at 75 just under 1900...not too familiar with the proper numbers for stock setups...but I like those numbers. This is my first Mustang and first car built for sport performance besides the '95 SHO.

Is my link to photobucket in my previous post visible? (not good pics, borrowed the camera from my daughter and it must have a smudge on the lens). The link is not showing up on my end and I am new to posting on forums..pretty sure I did it correctly. thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 07:36 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

I'll post the pics for you. Just looking at the pictures it looks like a GT with Roush body kit and Boss decals. It looks very good.

Quick Reply: 2002 BOSS package question (newbie)