Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2011 Mustang GT DYNO'D by Motortrend (435hp/404tq) VID INSIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
noroofonthecoupe
Gimme a cupcake & a pat on the head

Default 2011 Mustang GT DYNO'D by Motortrend (435hp/404tq) VID INSIDE!

Yes I said 2011 Mustang GT, it's strange cause Ford's numbers were lower then that.How ever motor trend put it up on the dyno, of course Im assuming the Motortrend people are talking crank H/P and T/Q. But that's impressive 435/404 (HP/TQ)! Wish I had the money to shell out on one of these bad boys, they also said in their test 0-60 in 4.3 (Porsche 911 Turbo does it in 3.9 according to M/T), so with full bolt on's and maybe a Kenne Bell (for those that wanna get crazy with it) we're talking supercar performance....anyways just saw it on youtube thought I'd share...I know my Mustang guy's are just as happy as me to see our Stang back up top. I'd like to see those Chevy boy's talk smack now, and the car's about $10k less then the Camaro!!!! Anyway check the vid. for those that have not seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydyki...eature=related
Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Repost...
Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

It was shown earlier in the month...youre too late. And it dyno'd on a dynojet at 395rwhp so they are making that assumption from that rwhp number.

Damnit GTRACER88!!! You beat me to it!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for posting something over a month old.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM
noroofonthecoupe
Gimme a cupcake & a pat on the head

Originally Posted by Lax07
Thank you for posting something over a month old.
How's that 2010 treating ya? Bet you wish you would've waited huh?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

all of you:

stop being antagonistic

nobody (important) cares that this info's a month old
Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
jheugatter

Originally Posted by Joolander
all of you:

stop being antagonistic

nobody (important) cares that this info's a month old
Thank You, cause I haven't seen it.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Kurt_OH

Originally Posted by noroofonthecoupe
Yes I said 2011 Mustang GT, it's strange cause Ford's numbers were lower then that.How ever motor trend put it up on the dyno, of course Im assuming the Motortrend people are talking crank H/P and T/Q. But that's impressive 435/404 (HP/TQ)! Wish I had the money to shell out on one of these bad boys, they also said in their test 0-60 in 4.3 (Porsche 911 Turbo does it in 3.9 according to M/T), so with full bolt on's and maybe a Kenne Bell (for those that wanna get crazy with it) we're talking supercar performance....anyways just saw it on youtube thought I'd share...I know my Mustang guy's are just as happy as me to see our Stang back up top.
Impressive.

I'd like to see those Chevy boy's talk smack now,
Most testers are saying it's a toss up or the Camaro is still slightly faster (in a straight line). Looks like a pretty even fight to me.

and the car's about $10k less then the Camaro!!!!
Yea, this is where you're completely full of crap. If anything, the Mustang is a few $k MORE than a similarly equipped Camaro. Why even post something so clearly false? It undermines any valid point you MIGHT have (but didn't anyway in this instance) made.

I'm still trying to decide: Camaro, Mustang or 135i. All have their benefits from my perspective.

Camaro - most powerful engine (little more HP, WAY more Torque). Best exterior appearance. GOBS of potential if you want to tune - toss in a cam, CAI and headers to hit 500hp, and a Pedders suspension upgrade makes it a track star. Would be my fourth Camaro ('68, '70, '82).

Mustang - cool, high-revving engine, good handling/braking, nicer interior than Camaro, acceptable styling. Much more of a "finished" product than Camaro, but also less potential - the factory has done most of what can easily be done; gains will be small/expensive. 250lb weight advantage. Would be my second Mustang ('71: my first car!).

135 - highest quality of the 3. OK looking. A speck slower in a straight line. Super cool dual-clutch transmission, easy to get more power w/a tune. Probably middle of this group in handling. By FAR nicest interior. Ownership experience - how the dealer treats you, European Delivery option (MUST DO if you buy a new BMW - it's an absolute blast!) is fantastic. Would be my second BMW ('08 335i, Euro Delivery).

I'd say that TODAY, the list above is in order from LEAST to MOST favored. Could vary tomorrow. I really like the engine, brakes and handling of Mustang - it's ready to go without much change. I like the combo of high quality, technology, luxury, speed, owner experience and Euro Delivery on the BMW. The Camaro has a great engine too, along with styling and potential. Might be too "raw" - just kind of thrown together feel vs more polished in the other two contenders.

To crap all over any of these cool cars is ridiculous and juvenile. We're lucky to have so many varied and capable choices.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by noroofonthecoupe
How's that 2010 treating ya? Bet you wish you would've waited huh?
Well first I couldn't wait. A lady ran a red light and totaled my G35. So thank you for knowing my situation. However, I love my 2010 it does everything I exactly need it too and it puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. There are plenty of faster cars out there. If I was worried about being slower than the next car to come out I would be a very unhappy person. Sure 400hp would be nice, but I don't need it.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Paul1588
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
Impressive.

Most testers are saying it's a toss up or the Camaro is still slightly faster (in a straight line). Looks like a pretty even fight to me.

Yea, this is where you're completely full of crap. If anything, the Mustang is a few $k MORE than a similarly equipped Camaro. Why even post something so clearly false? It undermines any valid point you MIGHT have (but didn't anyway in this instance) made.

I'm still trying to decide: Camaro, Mustang or 135i. All have their benefits from my perspective.

Camaro - most powerful engine (little more HP, WAY more Torque). Best exterior appearance. GOBS of potential if you want to tune - toss in a cam, CAI and headers to hit 500hp, and a Pedders suspension upgrade makes it a track star. Would be my fourth Camaro ('68, '70, '82).

Mustang - cool, high-revving engine, good handling/braking, nicer interior than Camaro, acceptable styling. Much more of a "finished" product than Camaro, but also less potential - the factory has done most of what can easily be done; gains will be small/expensive. 250lb weight advantage. Would be my second Mustang ('71: my first car!).

135 - highest quality of the 3. OK looking. A speck slower in a straight line. Super cool dual-clutch transmission, easy to get more power w/a tune. Probably middle of this group in handling. By FAR nicest interior. Ownership experience - how the dealer treats you, European Delivery option (MUST DO if you buy a new BMW - it's an absolute blast!) is fantastic. Would be my second BMW ('08 335i, Euro Delivery).

I'd say that TODAY, the list above is in order from LEAST to MOST favored. Could vary tomorrow. I really like the engine, brakes and handling of Mustang - it's ready to go without much change. I like the combo of high quality, technology, luxury, speed, owner experience and Euro Delivery on the BMW. The Camaro has a great engine too, along with styling and potential. Might be too "raw" - just kind of thrown together feel vs more polished in the other two contenders.

To crap all over any of these cool cars is ridiculous and juvenile. We're lucky to have so many varied and capable choices.
Mustang costs more? wrong you are

looks and style and interior are all matters of opinion,so those should always be deemed out

bmw I dont feel has highest quality thats just a myth created by republicans prolly(my opinion here much like yours,so its all debatable all ik is theres a reason the germans lost 2 world wars)

Last edited by Paul1588; 04-30-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT DYNO'D by Motortrend (435hp/404tq) VID INSIDE!