Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New Mustang? Hope not..

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:52 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

..there is a similar thread like this currently in the rumors section, I'll see if I can find it....

https://mustangforums.com/forum/must...ng-rumors.html

The OP in that has a few small modifications compared to what was posted in this thread, but it's still the same car. We'll see what happens in the future when Ford them self releases information/concept drawings of the real deal.

Last edited by 99GTvert; 07-06-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

OP, calm down, I was not directing any " anger " towards you. I was actually in a good mood when I posted that. Don't take everything personal that's posted on a forum. I was meerly stating the fact that tens of threads are poping up with the same picture. Sorry I came across as harsh. Really didn't mean too.. My apologies to you good Sir.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kgrun4
Yeah thats the 2006 Guigiaro concept, so the next Stang may have some influences but the OP picture is not a Ford produced concept by any means.
I hat this concept car with a passion. Guigiaro should be shot for defacing the beloved 'Stang. Too much of an Eclipse look. If I want a car that looks like an Eclipse, I would buy an Eclipse. But I don't and I sure as hell do not want a 'Stang that looks like one either.

Also, whoever is toying with the idea of putting a 4banger Ecoboost in the base 'Stang should also be shot.
Sure, the 4banger Ecoboost will also make 300 crank BHP , but just how much fuel will it consume to do it? That little 4 banger will be turning so damn high of RPMs to get 300 BHP that it will drink as much gas as a v8.

The base model should remain a V6, the 3.7L is designed for Ecoboost, all Ford needs to do is install the hardware and new electronics to make it happen.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by slickman
If this is the direction Ford takes with the new Mustang, I don't like it....
I think it looks great! Maybe it needs a few tweaks here & there, but it's a cool looking car. The S197 "retro" car is done, as are the '60s Mustangs... If you prefer them, it's no trouble to go out and get one. I see no reason to keep making a modernized '60s Mustang, and I don't think the past should continue into the future.

I'll take that new body style, but I want along with it:

1) a powerful V8 with a turbo/blower option on the top model
2) an IRS that's tough, and doesn't weigh a ton
3) a total car weight of no more than 3400 pounds
4) a manual gearbox that's refined, and doesn't feel like it came out of a '50s dump truck
5) a better quality interior - stiff, cheap leather & plastic sucks
6) traction, baby, traction! - put some decent tires under 'em
7) ...that's about it
Old 07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

NO! If you want a sleek, turbo powered, light, comfortable car, the mustang is not for you. The mustang is a MUSCLE car. Have you all forgotten what a muscle car really is? It's not sleek and light, like a little miata. It's not smooth and comfortable like a BMW. Its raw. Raw looks, raw feel, and most importantly, raw power. I'll take that over what I see in that picture any day.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
NO! If you want a sleek, turbo powered, light, comfortable car, the mustang is not for you. The mustang is a MUSCLE car...
Beg to differ.. Mustang is what coined the term "Pony Car". Yes, there were muscular versions, but most were "sporty-looking" personal transport...which is exactly why Ford offers a 6 and several 8s. MustangFirstCar, I know you didn't get your PonyPack Mustang to be a musclecar, but more likely, because you wanted sporty, personal transport. A PonyPack '06 V6 is hardly a musclecar (no offense).

Ford is pretty well aware of what most people want out of a Mustang, and will offer several versions of it.

I see nothing wrong with sleek - boxy is over. There's NO reason why they should continue to look like a '60s "musclecar", but I still want them to have Mustang styling cues. I'm not saying I want front-wheel drive, but there's nothing wrong with sporty and good handling. Not everyone gets a Mustang to drag race! The next Mustang should be a "world-class" example of a true American sports-coupe! If the competition all has IRS (Camaro, Challenger, various BMW and Mercedes,...), there's no reason Mustang shouldn't. If you really need a stick axle car, there's only about 900, 000 (++) of them made over the past 50 years to choose from. IRS is what I want, stick axles SUCK around rough-road turns, where an IRS is much better planted. Road courses are smooth, and not where street cars are driven. Yes, a stick axle can be well tamed, and fast on a smooth course, but not on a rough, twisty mountain road.
I own what's arguably one of the more "muscular" versions of Mustang in recent years, the KR. It's an absolute blast, and I love it...but I want my next Mustang to feel more nimble, be even quicker, and a little more up-market. Of course, I'll be hanging onto the KR, too..
Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by slickman

I start getting negative comments about why I posted something old. All you need to do is state this has been around and post a link to it. If you have nothing positive to say, don't post at all.

A forum is supposed to be about helping others in the hobby, not make them feel like not posting in fear they may be pounced on for anything.
I agree with you man some people are a little too sensitive when it comes to this forum stuff. Been there, done that. Re-posting something or bumping an old thread is not the end of the world people.

And no, for the record, I'm not really a fan of that concept. Old or not
Old 07-08-2011, 02:26 AM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

It's the internet, people are always complaining about something

Imagine if you were at the office and you bring up some news that had already been brought up, and some guy says MAN WE ALREADY HEARD THAT ONE. Everyone would just think he's a douche or a retard because, honestly, it isn't that big of a F'ing deal. When I click a thread and see something that has already been posted, I either (a.) reiterate my comment from the other thread or (b.) click "Back" and *gasp* don't post anything (Yes, I know it's hard for some of you).

As for that car, I'm with most of these guys. Mustang or not, it just isn't a good looking car IMO.

I personally don't take much from looking at any of the renderings. All the renderings look like supercars (ie. expensive), and I seriously doubt that any car that starts around ~$21k will have some of these insanely awesome designs I've seen.

With the only exception being the scion fr-s. If it really does make it into production like that, that will easily be one of the hottest looking cars I've ever seen. Too bad it's rumored to be pushing ~200HP though.

http://www.insideline.com/scion/fr-s...s-concept.html
Old 07-08-2011, 05:11 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Kinda looks like the new Camaro.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:06 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I wouldn't be too worried based on how the concept looks... Alot of times it doesn't favor the concept version too much.

Quick Reply: New Mustang? Hope not..