Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Front License Plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 PM
BracketRacing.com
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stuart McWilliams
That is a beautiful car!
Thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
stevednmc
3rd Gear Member

I like starting these discussions and hearing from all of you! What do you feel about front license plate laws? Do they even have them in your state? I've heard of people having to drill into a nice new body kit, which I'm sure happens all the time. Here in NE, the law is (I think) you don't have to have a front license if there isn't a place to mount one. They detract the look from some beautiful cars!
Here in Ne they just passed a new law that goes into effect on 1 Jan 2013.

Link:http://nebraskalegislature.gov/Floor...F/SI/LB216.pdf

I dunno that its worth it to me...might be cheaper to get the hideawat bracket or break the law. I dont follow stupid laws...lol. Except my car already had a bracket so I installed one.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by theczar
get a hidden front bracket like they sell on AM or one of those no drill ones from Craigs custom mustang brackets ccmustangbrackets.com
I'm in Texas, Thanks for the info, Craigs custom brackets (www.ccmustangbrackets.com) just starting selling them for the 2013 (not on there website yet, but I emailed them) so I picked one up for $56 shipped. I'm not about to drill any holes in the Mustang!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 AM
98SVTC0bra
1st Gear Member

None of my cars have them... I just risk it
Old 06-15-2012, 03:31 PM
BracketRacing.com
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98SVTC0bra
None of my cars have them... I just risk it
Why risk it? It's just $49 for the undermount, less than just 1 ticket.

I had a buddy who risked it, got pulled over and got tickets for no front plate, tinted windows and tinted tail lights.

A lot of people who don't have a front plate usually have something else not "legal" on the car.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:53 PM
SKTER97
1st Gear Member

Virginia is the same way, just install the mechanical bracket that goes back in forth with a touch of a button lol!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BracketRacing.com
Why risk it? It's just $49 for the undermount, less than just 1 ticket.

I had a buddy who risked it, got pulled over and got tickets for no front plate, tinted windows and tinted tail lights.

A lot of people who don't have a front plate usually have something else not "legal" on the car.
Not only is it the fact that people don't want to drill into the from of the car, but it doesn't look as clean.

As far as the retracting liscence plate:
Officer: Sir, I'm going to right you a ticket for no front plate
You: I don't know what you are talking about. I have a front plate **pushes button**
Officer:Hmm, I could have sworn you didn't have one...
Old 06-15-2012, 04:42 PM
BracketRacing.com
1st Gear Member

Not only is it the fact that people don't want to drill into the from of the car, but it doesn't look as clean.

As far as the retracting liscence plate:
Officer: Sir, I'm going to right you a ticket for no front plate
You: I don't know what you are talking about. I have a front plate **pushes button**
Officer:Hmm, I could have sworn you didn't have one...
Did you not read my post? The bracket mounts under the car, no need to drill into the bumber.

In addition, it folds down and slides under the bumper so the plate is hidden for car shows.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Did you not read my post? The bracket mounts under the car, no need to drill into the bumber.

In addition, it folds down and slides under the bumper so the plate is hidden for car shows.
No I said in addition to people not wanting to drill is people not wanting an ugly plate on the front of their car. Sure you could fold it down when you go to a show but what if you just want your car to look better out in public? If yOu fold it down out in public, you might as well not have one. But if you aren't willing to risk getting a ticket, then the bracket would be great.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:17 AM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

...I had a buddy who risked it, got pulled over and got tickets for no front plate, tinted windows and tinted tail lights.

That's the problem -- it's a legal excuse for hanging a u-turn and pulling you over at any time. Then they can pile on with anything else they see that's not legal.

Here in the People's Republic of California they add on administrative fees that can more than double the actual ticket fees.

Quick Reply: Front License Plates