Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Possible Boss????

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:53 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default Possible Boss????

I was reading something on stangevolution about the very real possibility for a 2008 Boss stang released in mid to late 2007. It will have a 390hp 5.4L V8. I was wondering if you guys heard about this and if so what you had heard. I would be very interested in this car if it becomes a reality because I think the GT500 is just a little out of my price range. I figure this car will come between the GT and the GT500 so the price will too. I am thinking 32k to 35k.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Possible Boss????

Only thing I could find on it http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index...2_articleid=40
Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

That is one of the articles I found. I hope they make it with the 5.4.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:10 PM
karmann6898

I just went to the Midwest Auto show in Omaha Nebraska this last weekend and talked to the SVT rep. in the ford department. While I know he could just be being 'hush-hush', he told me that the SVT group is 100% concentrated on working with Mr. Shelby and the GT-500 right now. He said they plan to make the GT-500 for the next 2 years of production making about 8,000 cars and then they will start working on something new. He said just keep my ears open in a couple years to see any new ideas coming out, but he did mention that SVT has "heard alot of noise from the public when it comes to the Boss" so.... who knows i guess.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:34 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

if they are going to really resurrect the "Boss" again, they should step up and do it right and put a 429 in it. but i guess one special mustang at a time and the gt5 is going to be the thing for a bit.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:44 AM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

I hope Ford does this, I know I can't afford a GT500, but I would love a Boss Mustang, the Boss 302s were screamers so I hear, I've never driven one. I thought I'd drive my new GT for a few years so I'd be ready to trade about the time the Boss hits, if they make it.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Octane
2nd Gear Member

I just went to the Midwest Auto show in Omaha Nebraska this last weekend and talked to the SVT rep. in the ford department. While I know he could just be being 'hush-hush', he told me that the SVT group is 100% concentrated on working with Mr. Shelby and the GT-500 right now. He said they plan to make the GT-500 for the next 2 years of production making about 8,000 cars and then they will start working on something new. He said just keep my ears open in a couple years to see any new ideas coming out, but he did mention that SVT has "heard alot of noise from the public when it comes to the Boss" so.... who knows i guess.
If you were talking to the SVT guys from Lithia Ford (only SVT dealer in Nebraska) I would take what they say with a grain of salt. I have done business with them, and they are wahoos. I hope they actually had good representation of Ford there at the Qwest Center this year. That is a good show. As far as the Boss is, I would like to see 2 versions of them. I wouldn't expect to see too many versions of the mustang come out though. Just as long as they have a mustang to answer for each one of the camaros that are coming out, and all that other new competition (GTO, Charger, top end 4 cyl, etc.). Have to give Ford props to keeping the Mustang alive each year!!!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:41 AM
trevman2

Ford needs to go back to their 1968 ways for Mustang options: 200 cid 6-cyl, 289 2V, 302 2 & 4V, 390 4v, 428 4v. GT CS, High Country Special, 350, 500 500KR, and the 68 1/2 CJ. Give us back the power to order the car we want, not just the crap you want us to have. Give me the ability to order a standard Mustang without power locks, windows, upgraded radio system, a/c etc with a Supercharged 5.4, 8.8, 6-speed. Price it out around $30K and I am in line for my new ride.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:37 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Ford definitely needs a third tier production mustang. The cobras come and go, but we need something in between the GT and Cobra that sees production every year. I say put in a modified version of the aluminum 5.4 block in the GT and leave it NA........should be in the 400 to 410hp range. Or build a next gen 302 (or 304) making similar power. If they wanna play it el-cheapo..then go ahead and give us an uncharged version of the GT500 5.4......again, making somewhere in the 400hp range. This third tier mustang may need a new badge.....as "Boss" and "Mach 1" are considered specialty stangs. Call it the Mustang FR (throwing one out of my head), price it around 32K, and watch the public gobble it up. There's a whole slew of stang customers out there, myself included, that would be glad to pay extra $$$ to have a 400HP NA engine mustang that is a step beyond the GT. And if the Camaro does indeed rise from the ashes in 08 or 09 or whatever, Ford will need something comparable to keep up with it.........as I'd be willing to bet GM will make SURE its new Camaro variations roll out the door with more HP than their mustang counterparts (well, except maybe for the GT500. I don't see GM pushing an SS version to the 500hp mark).
I for one was disappointed not to see the Mach 1 name emerge again with the new mustang bodies......I would have gotten that over a GT any day of the week. But, doesn't look like we'll see any affordable performance in the mustangs outside of the GT for the next 3 or 4 years......so there you have it. Guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed.
Get up and make rumble for once, Ford.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:54 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

Ford is funny. They make thier engines just enough to get by.

Quick Reply: Possible Boss????