Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

This supras got some Ballz..

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 06:25 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: This supras got some Ballz..

Supras really aren't a 1/4 mile car though. They don't get their potent power until the mid to end of 3rd. By that time they are already down the track. For a Supra to be a good 1/4 mile car they need nitrous to get the Big turbo spooled quickly and they need to change the rearend gears and change out the tranny gears. Plus add all that HP. And sh*t for the Supras is not cheap. I think a Greddy or HKS exhaust for one of those things is like $700+. Supras are big money cars. I know a few of you are going to argue but being that I work at a Toyota Dealership I've seen them come and go and very few of them that come in are all done up. Most just have the normal import style mods. They do the boost controller, bigger intercooler, CAI, and exhaust. Most of them don't have any kind of cam swap, head work, etc. The motors are some of the best ever built and the style of the car itself is quite attractive. It is one hell of a car. But you also have to pay one hell of a bill to get. With the money people throw into Supra I could buy, build, and race 2 or 3 800 hp Mustangs. When they were new they were $55,000+ and they are still going for that if not more if they have work done. $20,000 still stock. I'd much rather buy me a FoxBody or a 94-95. Buy a fully forged Dart 4 bolt with all forged internals and boost the hell outta it. I'll spend the same amount of money as the person that bought the STOCK Supra and I'll desomate them. But it's all an opinion thing when it comes down to it.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:31 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FoxRod

Supras really aren't a 1/4 mile car though. They don't get their potent power until the mid to end of 3rd. By that time they are already down the track. For a Supra to be a good 1/4 mile car they need nitrous to get the Big turbo spooled quickly and they need to change the rearend gears and change out the tranny gears. Plus add all that HP. And sh*t for the Supras is not cheap. I think a Greddy or HKS exhaust for one of those things is like $700+. Supras are big money cars. I know a few of you are going to argue but being that I work at a Toyota Dealership I've seen them come and go and very few of them that come in are all done up. Most just have the normal import style mods. They do the boost controller, bigger intercooler, CAI, and exhaust. Most of them don't have any kind of cam swap, head work, etc. The motors are some of the best ever built and the style of the car itself is quite attractive. It is one hell of a car. But you also have to pay one hell of a bill to get. With the money people throw into Supra I could buy, build, and race 2 or 3 800 hp Mustangs. When they were new they were $55,000+ and they are still going for that if not more if they have work done. $20,000 still stock. I'd much rather buy me a FoxBody or a 94-95. Buy a fully forged Dart 4 bolt with all forged internals and boost the hell outta it. I'll spend the same amount of money as the person that bought the STOCK Supra and I'll desomate them. But it's all an opinion thing when it comes down to it.
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 04-07-2006, 08:36 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

well said [sm=smiley32.gif], thats exactly how i feel about supras there nice looking and have tuns of potential but not my style and for that kind of money your options are wide open. a friend of mine has had 3 supras, all ranging from 1000-1400hp all twin turboed and only one was sucking on the bottle. this guy is pretty well off too hes had a few z06's and a few other really fast expensive cars. he is now going to take his supra body and do some type of v8 build up.

and good vid
Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: mvr

well said [sm=smiley32.gif], thats exactly how i feel about supras there nice looking and have tuns of potential but not my style and for that kind of money your options are wide open. a friend of mine has had 3 supras, all ranging from 1000-1400hp all twin turboed and only one was sucking on the bottle. this guy is pretty well off too hes had a few z06's and a few other really fast expensive cars. he is now going to take his supra body and do some type of v8 build up.

and good vid
I agree with you guys wholeheartedly... I just don't consider them rice... and there are only 3 japanese cars I feel that way about... the 350Z..the Skyline GT-R... and the twin turbo supra... mainly because of the speed they come with stock... yea they are forced induction, but that still is alot of HP in it... and the RWD on the 350Z is why I feel that way about it... I just don't put them in the same category as Civics, Integra's, Acura's etc. etc. I guess they just stand out in my warped little brain
Old 04-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Stang393

You guys sure know what your taking about

Ryan Woon and his crappy no good 1/4 supra running 8.62@169mph with NO NOS...

WITH A 6Speed no less!!

http://www.wotm.com/multimedia.html

And the other countless supras running 8's that can be street driven...

And no they all don't use NOS...some do, But the worlds fastest all boost supra is running 8.5's
"The New WOTM Auto... Titan 3.4L, TH400, GT47-88. All boost dyno with spray to come!"
WOTM AUTO 8.45, All Boost, 1107rwhp!
Quickest All Boost Auto Supra

And check the Worlds BFG Drag Radial Record.....Supra...beat out Big Daddy's record... Check it out on BFGs site for Paul Efantis.

Also check here for all the SLOW spoolin 1/4 supras...

On STOCK Suspension!!

http://www.suprastore.com/top10014miti.html

On of my fav's "4. 8.45@162 Marko D. Sound Performance Full weight daily driver" 3550lbs!

I'm a die hard mustang guy, but give credit where credit is due and get your facts straight before running your mouth to make yourself feel better.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:08 AM
AmericanRicer87
3rd Gear Member

There are 5 imports that i'd buy, 1. '05 Evo MR 2. '99 3000 GT VR4, 3. '95 Supra TT, 4. 99 Eclipse GSX w/6 bolt swap. 5. 99 240SX w/ S15 front end and a SR20DET swap. And i like the supra not only cause of the twins but because of the interior. i love how everything faces the driver and the driver alone.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:23 AM
ricepatrol
3rd Gear Member

Stang393, I think you need to go take a breather son.
Nobody here was "running their mouth just to make themselves feel better" [&:] Now as for showing respect, being a mustang forum, I think the crowd did that in general given that you'll definitely have some bias. Did you read the same post? About everyone said a comment about how supras are awesome, or fast, or good looking.
The cars are fast, nuff said
Old 04-10-2006, 12:44 AM
AmericanRicer87
3rd Gear Member

i'll second that i was shocked when i read it so i just tried to get it back to original topic.
ORIGINAL: ricepatrol

Stang393, I think you need to go take a breather son.
Nobody here was "running their mouth just to make themselves feel better" [&:] Now as for showing respect, being a mustang forum, I think the crowd did that in general given that you'll definitely have some bias. Did you read the same post? About everyone said a comment about how supras are awesome, or fast, or good looking.
The cars are fast, nuff said
Old 04-11-2006, 03:14 AM
2001 GT
1st Gear Member

The first few post was hilarious including this gem

ORIGINAL: lmunz22

So what? He had Nitrous. Poor man's excuse for tuning.

This is the funniest post I read all week.

I guess you think nitrous sounds like a jet and has a blow off valve??
And whats with thinking imports = "NOS". We use it way more then them,,its usually just big single turbos in their camp.

The money arguement is stupid, yes you could have 3 800hp stangs for their price, you could also have 3 800hp 1992 eclipses.... Or you instead could buy 6 single digit yugos for the price of a c6 z06. But what car has the better looks, interior, dependability, high speed stability, cornering, and exclusivity. Supras are a great car. Making the same horsepower number doesn't mean you've made the same car.

Old 04-11-2006, 03:20 AM
mufftasticmonko

Either way Supra's are fast cars. I don't really consider them rice either buy to each his own.......

Quick Reply: This supras got some Ballz..