Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Jiffylube scam

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 01:39 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Jiffylube scam

yep..
Old 09-17-2006, 02:46 AM
Nadelle
3rd Gear Member

if you want work done and cant do it yourself, then go to a small family owend shop. never go to a large chain corperation like jiffy spooge.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:43 AM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrxs_racer

all i can say is wow, but guys you cant just blow off mechanics shops, my dad owns one and he would never ever ever scam someone like that, buts it the little shops like my dads that are trustworthy, but it may be different in the big city, i come from small town nebraska, but i dont think anyone around where im from would ever even try this

really what small town in NE??
Old 09-17-2006, 10:54 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

when I lived in the midwest we had a mechanic that our family had been going to for 20 yrs. He was great. He would take a look, give an honest opinion and do great work if it was necessary. We were even suprised when we thought we had problems that turned out to be nothing or minor issues when he would hand us the keys and tell us there was no charge. Now I live in phoenix............ There is not an honest mechanic in this city from what I can tell after 6 yrs..... Funny, I miss my friends and family from back home as well as my mechanic......
Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

I caught a Grease Monkey place doing the same thing. I had a car where the oil filter was really hard to get to. I marked it and low and behold, they didn't change it. Anybody that takes their car to one of these places for anything more than an oil change is stupid. I had a truck with a K&N system on it, and they tried to tell me I needed a new air filter.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:30 PM
ChrisZio04GT
1st Gear Member

I used to work at jiffy lube, the pit tech would never change the filter on kia, deawoo and other foriegn cars because they are super hard to get off and pain in the a** the pit tech was the manager......

They would also take your air filter out, rub there dirty hands on it and show it to the customer and say you need a new one, same with trans flushes and coolent flushes all the same scams as they showed, but I know we would never do fuel filters that you had to drop the whole tank so I was shocked that they would even say they would do it.

and this is why when I drive by any jiffy lube, i yell out the window "F*** you jiffy lube.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

This is why I always watch EVERY car shop I bring my place to other than the dealership ... And even the dealership will say they fixed my problems when in fact they have not.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:37 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, you have to watch the dealers as well. I took my car to the dealer for my first oil change and that was the last time. They left the old filter on. When I pointed it out to them, they were speechless. They gave me free oil changes for the first year of ownership but I never went back for any oil changes. Then my shifter was leaking fluid. I went back for that to be fixed (warranty) and they caulked the $hit out of it inside the shifter to stop the leak. It started leaking again so I got my mgw. After pulling the shifter, thats when I noticed the caulk job they did. After seeing that, I just wondered what else they would do or not do if I ever went back. I soo hate leaving my car in the hands of people that just don`t care. [&:]
Old 09-21-2006, 01:52 AM
97 5.0L
3rd Gear Member

That sucks I'm glad they all got caught