Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

O3 Cobra vs Modded C5

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:46 PM
fast4door
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: O3 Cobra vs Modded C5

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Na... think about it... a supposivly about 450 hp vette... and a cobra with some mods... Yeah the vette pulled real hard, but the guy in the cobra couldnt drive worth a **** either.

I dont think anyone here is going to argue that the vette is going to win that.. its just a question by how much. And if the cobra had a ****ty driver its going to get destroyed.

****ty driver + Good car = ****ty times
I will agree with ^^^^^
Old 08-08-2004, 01:31 PM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fast4door

Well, I guess I have to put in my 2 cts. Yes the vette is fast but so is the Cobra, No matter who wins someone has to bitch and whine. But!!! the vettes can run extremely fast w/ just a h&c package. I have personally seen it. 2001 vette, h&c w/ LS1 edit programming, and a bad clutch and bent shifter vs. 03 Cobra w/ pulley, CAI, full exh F2R, chipped, plus what ever else he had. They raced on our 1/8th mile 3 times in a row. the vette ran 8.02-3's while the Cobra was running 8.14-6's. The Cobra guy took it very personally and was intent on beating the vette. Many of us thought is was funny as hell, including the friends of the Cobra owner. Granted the Cobra still had more mods available to add, from what his friend said but he hasn't bought them yet. So the Cobra guy will go back, bolt on more stuff, beat the vette next time, then vice versa, Whoopdie-doo. Cobra goes more boost, vette goes more cubic inches staying n/a. they still run side by side. Boost the vette???? SEE YA!!!!!!!
Amen... gotta love boosted vettes!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:51 AM
guts

1st off im new, anyway decent vid poor dude in cobra cant drive it, what i hate to see some dip**** with a bada$$ car and cant or affraid to drive it, yup for all that dont belive that heads cam do that it will just gota match it up right, second if you ever have a chance look at years of mustangs more power= ford adds more weight and really didnt really benefit from year before and just bigger price tag, the new cobras not slow but look at the weight on them allmost 3700lbs without driver 390 hp lol, not good when compared to car that pushing 450 and around 3200 give take 200lbs, why is most go after hp numbers and nerver consider the weight, lmao
Old 08-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Wow, I was out of town for a few days and didn't see this thread til today. Can't believe all this for my original quote.
quote:

I have seen that befor and Im one to argue that the Vette has a little more done to it then just heads and cam. That thing left the cobra behind like it was running NOS!

I agree. With the mods listed, there is no way the vette would pull like that on the stang. Sorry, but something just ain't right.
First off, I am who I say I am, and if you guys want proof, send me an e mail, and I'll send you a signed autograph. -Or come attend an IHRA natl. event. I'll be in Grand Rapids, Michigan next weekend and Clevland Oh two weeks later.
I admit, I'm a mustang guy and not a corvette guy, but as far as it seems, the cobra wasn't putting down the rwhp it should have or could have been been for the listed psi (boost).
98LS1, you want some mustang forum golf lessons? Where does your game need help? Go ahead, throw some golf Q's at me. I worked in the golf business for 15 years, less now because i'm driving for the Steven's family, haulin *** in their top fuel dragster almost every other weekend.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:11 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

That's all fine and dandy. I never said you weren't "teh guy." I just said I'd show proof...

Congratulations.

Looks like we have more in common than I thought.....[&:]

Only the flat stick needs any help in my game....as in most I'm sure. 1.7 putts per round = me on mini tour.....damn teh flat stick.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

A couple things about putting. To putt well, you need to make the ball roll correctly. That means eliminating as much sidespin as possible. Visualizing is a biggie. Without watching your stroke, I don't know what sort of problems you have. One other tip: On, say, a 20' putt, how often do you miss the putt 4' left or right of the hole? Probably not to often. -But on a 20' putt, how often do you miss the hole 4' long or short? Probably a lot more than 4' left or right. My point is focus 90% on lag, and not direction. A tip before you play: on the practice green before your round, put a tee in the green and putt to the tee for 10 min or so stead of a hole. When you get on the course, the hole will look like a bucket.
For more info on my racing, go to IHRA.com and see my profile. By the way, on this site I can't upload pics since the big changes. For pics of my racing, you can go to IHRA.com and look under photo highlights. If you e-mail me at TopFuelSwinger@aol.com, I'll send you a signed photo. I'll write some stuff on there that is forum related, so you'll know it's me. Any other Q's?
Old 08-09-2004, 03:29 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

My main problem putting is that I just don't like to practice it, eventhough I need to. I also like to ram in the 4 footers.....so when I miss those, I get to try at another 4 footer from the opposite direction.

And yes, I think I will shoot you an e-mail. Who knows, might be the next John Force.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Who knows, might be the next John Force.
I'm working on it.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:16 AM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

A couple things about putting. To putt well, you need to make the ball roll correctly. That means eliminating as much sidespin as possible. Visualizing is a biggie. Without watching your stroke, I don't know what sort of problems you have. One other tip: On, say, a 20' putt, how often do you miss the putt 4' left or right of the hole? Probably not to often. -But on a 20' putt, how often do you miss the hole 4' long or short? Probably a lot more than 4' left or right. My point is focus 90% on lag, and not direction. A tip before you play: on the practice green before your round, put a tee in the green and putt to the tee for 10 min or so stead of a hole. When you get on the course, the hole will look like a bucket.
For more info on my racing, go to IHRA.com and see my profile. By the way, on this site I can't upload pics since the big changes. For pics of my racing, you can go to IHRA.com and look under photo highlights. If you e-mail me at TopFuelSwinger@aol.com, I'll send you a signed photo. I'll write some stuff on there that is forum related, so you'll know it's me. Any other Q's?

You know, PMs work VERY well, and since this thread doesn't have THAT much to do with golf, then lets stick to the topic[sm=icon_blah.gif] You being some top fueler racer has ZIP to do with wether or not you know what a Heads and Cam can do for a vette... obviously, you don't know.....
Old 08-10-2004, 01:05 PM
fast4door
2nd Gear Member

well. if golf and racing have anything in common and we're talking about putting on a car forum. try putting from 1320' (1/4 mile) from the hole, then they have something in common.....lmfao

Quick Reply: O3 Cobra vs Modded C5