Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 05:12 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

Default RE: bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

pretty cocky i'd say...we all know or should admit an ls1 will beat a mod engine stang...nothing to debate here...
+1
Old 12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Marybeth
2nd Gear Member

Puck an ls1, they r fast but I will run that pontiac from any roll or dig, if the driver has *****, for that matter in my Cobra. Come get snake bit biachees.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:53 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: groundpounder

ORIGINAL: JDP
thats why everyone and there mom has a mustang, right?
no, i wasnt spraying, my buddy posts on here that i raced, maybe he will chime in, i did put a 150shot on it after that but that would be even more brutal.
i just have been hearing a lot of talk about comparing the ls1 vs the modular mustang, sorry if i pissed a coule of you guys off
No need to apologize, mang. We get jackasses from other sites on here all the time trashing Mustangs, pissing people off. You just happen to be one of the latest.
Thing is, we have enough jackhole homers on this site already who don't have the technical acuity to understand that an ls1 is a beast of an engine stock and bolt-on for bolt-on just smokes a 4.6. Bow-tie boys got that one right.
Problems occur when said jackasses come on and post up and then can't understand why they get the homefield pushback. Here's the answer:

www.mustangforums.com

I don't know if you're a jackass or not, Justin, since the only thing you've done on this site since February of 2005 is sell your Mustang stuff and post a VERY nice kill video (good kill, BTW [sm=smiley20.gif]) and nothing in your last 50 post suggests you are a heavy tech guy. I reckon everybody here will give you the benefit of the doubt until you prove otherwise...

I don't have an ls1 or a civic or a vette, so I don't go around those boards and post up kill videos, talk about how great the Mustang really is or trash other people's rides. In your case, since you are a former Mustang guy, I somewhat understand the crossover. Some chevy or import guys who never have and never will own a Mustang rack up thousands of posts. Never understood that one.

But I know one thing: ls1's are bucknasty!
well said man....ive rode in modded f bodies before and they are pretty peppy..i know the gt isnt at the top of the food chart but dammnnn i did not think i would have gotten beat that bad but who knows im just a slow modular mustang owner
Old 12-08-2006, 07:35 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marybeth

Puck an ls1, they r fast but I will run that pontiac from any roll or dig, if the driver has *****, for that matter in my Cobra. Come get snake bit biachees.
ahh yes, the typical mustang owner i was waiting for to post in this thread.

i noticed in your cardomain that you make 440rwhp.

my car on motor probably makes 330ish at the wheels, i have a harris speed works dual nozzle wet kit, spraying 150shot, and they rate their kits at the wheels.

do the math. that should be right around 480 at the wheels and nitrous cars make mad torque. not saying im better than you, but there is always going to be somebody faster from the opposite side.

i know there are many, many cars out there that are way faster than me and my car isnt **** or anywhere near fast compared to other cars. im not going to say ill beat all cobras or whatever because i know i wont. maybe you need to come out of your little world and realize there are faster people out there
Old 12-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Marybeth
2nd Gear Member

no doubt there are faster cars and ls1s for that matter but this is a mustang board, we eat, sleep,breathe, and beleive in what we drive. It is called pride.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Marybeth
2nd Gear Member

Futher more 150 extra @ the wheels on the spray must mean a 200 shot or so @ the flywheel that car wont stand that for too long. If im wrong correct me.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:20 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

Futher more 150 extra @ the wheels on the spray must mean a 200 shot or so @ the flywheel that car wont stand that for too long. If im wrong correct me.
yes i will correct you, stock fuel pump and stock tune isnt the best to have it last long
there is a guy thats spraying wet 275 shot on a head cam trans am and hes been making 675 at the wheels for quite a while. sure the motor is on borrowed time, but with the right tune, it should last for a long time

Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

oh no we admit that the ls1 will destroy a mustang stock for stock
ORIGINAL: JDP

well there was a thread on ls1tech with people comparing mustangs to the 4th gen f-body. then there were the mustang guys that dropped in to talk how pushrod motors suck, and f-bodies are crap blah blah blah and mustangs are this and that.

i really wanted to just see how you guys would take to this because there are a lot of mustang guys that cant accept defeat and they make every excuse possible and stand by there car because no matter who or what they race they think they are the greatest. there are people like that with every car, yes there are people like that with f-bodies/y-bodies, imports, mopars, and mustangs, and there seems to be more with mustangs to me probably becauase there is a bigger mustang crowd and they are cheaper to buy.

if i offended anybody by coming over here to post my little kill, im sorry, if i seem like a jackass for doing so, i apologize for that too. im not bashing anyone because i still mess my pants to the sight of a sonic blue cobra.

i just wanted to get the mustang guys point of view
Old 12-08-2006, 08:25 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

no doubt there are faster cars and ls1s for that matter but this is a mustang board, we eat, sleep,breathe, and beleive in what we drive. It is called pride.
i understand that, but there is another thing, its called reality.

my buddy has a supercharged grand prix, bolt-ons, small pulley, ported heads, and a cam and he runs 12.7. which is faster than what i do in the quarter (i ran 12.8 on motor) ill accept defeat, and respect that. even if it is a fwd car with a v6.

i know there are many cars on here that will hand me my *** on a silver platter, thats why im not running around saying im the anti-venom or anything, or saying this phrase

"Mustangs can run, but Birds can fly."
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

oh no we admit that the ls1 will destroy a mustang stock for stock
well ive met a lot of stang owners that wont admit that, im glad a lot of you guys are down to earth.

Quick Reply: bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1