Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Chewing on Mustangs/Cobras

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:24 AM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Chewing on Mustangs/Cobras

Just think how much more money they spend to get that speed compared to our V8's... We spend a whole lot less....That Evo has a LOT of money in it not including the price he paid for the car itself...Any one of us with 10 grand would have a silly stang to play with.....
Old 02-27-2007, 02:28 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

I know a guy selling a 2003 or 2004 blue evo for $19,000 with 30,000 miles on it...Im thinkin about it...
Get it they're badass, fun to drive and they out handle our stangs.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Shaguarama
2nd Gear Member

I'm not sure who noticed it was running on 116 octane and the boose was at 30#'s. Sure its fast but thats straight race gas. I talked to the owner of Turbo Horsepower and he said that his twin turbo kit was on stock internals using 110 race gas. Thats about an equivalent comparison to the Evo yet probably much cheaper even with forged internals than what was put into the Evo.Errr...I forgot to show the dyno!!! http://www.turbohorsepower.com/largedyno0506.html -Andrew
Old 02-27-2007, 03:07 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

That was a bad *** camero, Was that like a 68? Man that thing was movin!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:29 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

yeah that evo is fast but here is my question......how many people will be buying classic evos in 40 yrs???? whos car looks sexier.....whos car is associated with the american muscle.....oh yeah and whos car was built in the us of a....it wasnt the evo....fast maybe but not american....sorry ill pass.....if im gonna spend the money of a foreign car id go with mercedes or porsche any day and if i won the lotto...ferrari or maserati...well if i won the lotto id get both and a boat load of stangs.......its neat and fast car.....but in 5 yrs wont be worth nothin.....and honestly looking at it it loks like any old honda or toyota or lexus.....very blah in terms of styling cues.....but i will give it fast and im sure id like it if i drove....i just like my stangs what can i say......i wouldnt turn down a free one...but buy one.....i doubt it seriously......id buy a used vette before i got that.....
Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Anyone from Fl. know this guy?
Well I do believe some of those cars are from a club called Fuel **** and I have seen that exact Evo out at the track cause the liscence plate ticked me off but I can't remember what it was running...
Old 02-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

How long with those little engines survive that high strung?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

Get it they're badass, fun to drive and they out handle our stangs.

[/quote]

Could very well be- but they're BUTT UGLY, and I for one wouldn't want to trade my Stang for TWO of 'em..........
Old 02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gone2

How long with those little engines survive that high strung?
The 4G63(or whatever alphabet soup) series of motors are pretty stout little 4 bangers. Inline motors tend to be inherantly stronger anyway it seems like. Look at motors like the 2JZ found in supras, RB26DETT in the Skyline GT-R. Those motors with stock bottom endswithstand upward of 800hp without breaking a sweat. Plus most medium-heavy duty diesels are inline motors.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:36 PM
nitrous_fed_03gt
3rd Gear Member

good vid, but whats up with all the nascar starts???? also, whats the deal with the cobras only putting out a little over 600hp? so he sunk a few grand into his evo and he can beat a lightly moddded cobra, and ls1. big deal. put that same amount of money into the ls1, and cobra and you proably have a few damn near 1000 hp cars...